Need 50 CME each year?

You only need 50 class I cme per 2 years. I never do more... Why should I? If you do them on the second year you may be able to roll them to the next cycle by not logging them in for the current cycle. That's why I do all my class I on the second year. Usually 2 conferences does it or a bunch of prescriber's letters, UpToDate etc, and a conference. Class ii is easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Joelseff said:

You only need 50 class I cme per 2 years. I never do more... Why should I? If you do them on the second year you may be able to roll them to the next cycle by not logging them in for the current cycle. That's why I do all my class I on the second year. Usually 2 conferences does it or a bunch of prescriber's letters, UpToDate etc, and a conference. Class ii is easy.

So if I submit 150 credit of Category I  that I accrued through Uptodate this year, am I am good for next two years (when I need to pay for maintenance)?  

8 hours ago, Joelseff said:

Sad. Medicine is learning.  If you only do the bare min to get by.  Well that is not great. 

I run between 100-200 credits per year.  For 15+ years. 

Sad. Medicine is learning.  If you only do the bare min to get by.  Well that is not great. 

I run between 100-200 credits per year.  For 15+ years. 
I didn't say I stop/stopped learning. I STILL continue to read journals, participate in case discussions etc beyond my required CME.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Joelseff said:

I didn't say I stop/stopped learning. I STILL continue to read journals, participate in case discussions etc beyond my required CME.

I won't spend additional money for non-required CME, but I log everything I legitimately can.  I typically accrue 150+ Cat I per year, and at least as much Cat 2 from teaching EMT students.

Why?  Just in case credentialing ever cares about it.  Or some sort of independent practice requires 2000 hours of Cat 1 CME.  Or some eventual doctoral program cares about it.  While I get the "Why should I bother to record it?" my lifetime penchant for carefully recording everything has served me well in the past.

12 minutes ago, rev ronin said:

I won't spend additional money for non-required CME, but I log everything I legitimately can.  I typically accrue 150+ Cat I per year, and at least as much Cat 2 from teaching EMT students.

Why?  Just in case credentialing ever cares about it.  Or some sort of independent practice requires 2000 hours of Cat 1 CME.  Or some eventual doctoral program cares about it.  While I get the "Why should I bother to record it?" my lifetime penchant for carefully recording everything has served me well in the past.

Indeed. I worked a per diem job at a local level 1 trauma ctr about 10 years ago and they required verified evidence of intubation experience, Fortunately , I had chart copies of every intubation I did as a medic and many that I have done as a PA. That allowed me to be one of only a few PAs in the dept credentialed to intubate.

I try to do it on the second year (majority of my cat 1)so if I go over 50 I can save some for the next cycle [emoji16] since there is some overlap (2015-2017 and 2017-2019) the website allows you to put it in.

Archived