Class of 2021

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm coming from Colorado to Miami this year and am super excited! I too was wondering when to look for apartments/where to start. I was preparing an email to send in order to find more information on the most popular choices for students. Can't wait to meet everyone! I interviewed back in September and loved the program. 

On 12/26/2018 at 9:00 AM, hoorayPA said:

Hi guys! Are any of you out from out of state?  I will be moving from California to Miami, and me being super excited, I'm already trying to look at apartments, but not sure of where to narrow down my search.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Congrats to those of you that made it into the program and good luck to those that are interviewing! I am a former graduate of Barry University Saint Petersburg Campus class of 2017. Its a great program that is tough but rewarding once you get to practice medicine. I decided to join this forum because I am actually moving to Minnesota to practice medicine and wanted to let everyone know about a possible housing option that I used throughout school that is close to the school and extremely nice! Its called Millbrooke Ranch town homes around 5-10 min from the school. The link below gives you what the places look like and the surrounding neighborhood. The place is located right next to a park as well that has a dog park! Let me know if you are interested! I know the owners personally and they are extremely nice! https://www.wagnerrealty.com/s/fl/pinellas-county/townhomes-at-millbrooke-ranch-subdivision

Feel free to text me or call me at 719-322-2100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

My name is Alicia. I interviewed 9/21 and was accepted 9/28. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in a few months! I will be moving from Wisconsin (bring on the warmer weather & no snow!) with my two little dogs.

I just wanted to hop on and say that I'm going to Miami this weekend - into next week to look for apartments in the area. I know it's a little early, but it's the only time that works with my upcoming schedule. I actually contacted a realtor, which has been helpful, because it's hard to find the best place over the internet. For apartments, you don't have to pay the realtor anything, they actually get paid from the apartment in which you sign a lease at! So it could be a good option for those coming from far away! If anyone is interested, I can let you know which places I end up seeing, liking, etc. 

Have a great weekend!!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

My name is Courtney. I interviewed at the St. Pete campus 3/1, was waitlisted 3/7 and accepted today 6/27!! I'm so excited to meet everyone and start our adventure to becoming PAs as a class. I currently live in St Pete, so if anyone needs any pointers on where to live I can help out! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page started for our class yet? I could not find one!

Edited by Cwienckowski

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! My name is Beverly and I also will be attending the Miami campus! Does anyone know when housing recommendations will be sent out? I know Ms. Spence said they should be coming sometime in July, but I haven’t got anything yet! I’m moving from Texas and am currently looking for apartments and a roommate 🙂

3 hours ago, PAheyPA said:

Hi guys! My name is Beverly and I also will be attending the Miami campus! Does anyone know when housing recommendations will be sent out? I know Ms. Spence said they should be coming sometime in July, but I haven’t got anything yet! I’m moving from Texas and am currently looking for apartments and a roommate 🙂

Hey Beverly! I’m looking for both as well! I have a lead on a few places! Feel free to message me!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 4:05 PM, PAheyPA said:

Did she ever send an email about the realtor most students use? I seem to remember her mentioning something about that at my interview??