I thik NP's got inferiority complex

I work with one inpatient. and usually I know much more about diagnosis, assessment and management of various things. But she has been here longer and she thinks her input should be more valued than mine based on seniority, lol

So this morning during the round,  I could not name a couple things about this patient's history -  I was looking up the chart but she shout those out and said "We always keep track of these things. You should whenever pt complains of this this and this"  What she did really didn't bother me but some nurses here noticed and said things like why do NP's like here try to act like this. It is just like senior nurses purposely calling out newer nurses to embarrass them. I replied " I don't know. tHis doesn't bother me. Maybe they just want to feel like they know some thing because they really don't"

hmmm

It bothers my SP when I say "I know I'm not a physician. You can tell because I don't mind saying I don't know." He knows I am ribbing at him but also knows the grain of truth in the joke.

People who are insecure have to elevate themselves by making others smaller. It has always been that way and always will. Just smile and nod. Don't play along.

I'm thinking, if you took the time to come to this forum and write this post expecting full well to have unanimous responses echoing your sentiments that NPs are just big know it alls that really know nothing, that it really does bother you.  There are equal amounts of these types of people in every profession.  Don't fool yourself.  Just sigh deeply, roll your eyes and move on.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Kaepora said:

I'm thinking, if you took the time to come to this forum and write this post expecting full well to have unanimous responses echoing your sentiments that NPs are just big know it alls that really know nothing, that it really does bother you.  There are equal amounts of these types of people in every profession.  Don't fool yourself.  Just sigh deeply, roll your eyes and move on.

This.  Anecdotes of individuals behaving badly should not be used to trash an entire profession. We want our tone to continue to be professional and cordial.  Is this the kind of thing you want our NP visitors to see when they come around (and they do) to see what we're discussing?

I dont want to sound like I am denigrating the nursing profession or anything but it is known that older nurses "eat their young" ones.

Dont know why young nurses would allow such abuse to go on but that is not your problem. You just sound frustrated for lack of recognition or respect you are getting from others

Some NP's especially those who have been nurses previously does have tendency try to act bossy around newer NP's or PA's like myself. They sometimes get surprised that I, who while in the army actually had the privilege to treat simple patients on my own and was granted to take advanced military sponsored trauma and medical school classes know so much more than them. Anyways,  many beginner PA's and NP's that come out of school now tend to have much less experience and skills than ones that graduated in the past.

OP, just suck it up and do your job. If you do get into med school like you previously stated that will show that NP what you are made out of 

Based on your post history, I am beginning to think you might have an inferiority complex. Your posts are grammatical nightmares, barely cogent, and do not provide information to make me think you are a practicing PA. Honestly, I think you are just a troll.

Go become a doctor or whatever you aspire to be. Then you can harp on NPs and PAs.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Reality Check 2 said:

Shut down the OP please. Troll and pot stirrer..... 

Agreed, and shut down.

Interestingly enough, the poster hasn't complained since I put him on moderation several hours ago.  That's pretty much a clue that he knows there's no point in arguing because he's been banned before.

We seem to have at least one repeat troll, and I'm very happy to put "new" people on moderation if they show such inclinations in the future.

Archived