True indepent practice = go to med school. Not PA or NP school

Strange post, hard to believe this is coming from a PA. While there are definitely downsides to the profession as there are with NP or MD... can’t say I ever remember being given an order by a physician. In the ER I am allowed to manage all my cases and the attending doesn’t even ask me about it. Only way I get any input is if I ask for it (which I do, a lot). 

4 minutes ago, lkth487 said:

I guess the first question to ask how you define independence.  In healthcare, no one is truly 'independent' and you rely on others to do things.  Maybe you're asking about being the one 'in charge' - but even that is very muddy and not always defined in many real life scenarios.

in the PA world it would mean being able to get a job without securing a physician collaborator/sponsor/supervisor based solely on one's own education and experience. I have a relatively autonomous solo practice, but if my SP of record(who I never work with and who is not required by the state to do any chart review) retired, I would have to find a new physician sponsor to continue working, therefore I am not practicing independently as my ability to practice depends on someone else.

12 minutes ago, Kaepora said:

You guys, just look at the OPs posting history.  Seems pretty insecure in his/her role of a PA.  Putting down NPs and PAs pretty frequently in their turn.  Don't feed the trolls.

LOL for real. Almost every negative thread started within the last 3 months was started by EMfuturePA. Don't get me wrong, its good to bring out certain topics to make others aware and to change the profession for the better, but if you are going to constantly trash PAs and NPs with falsified information, it might be better for you to not be involved in the profession at all.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, PACJD said:

LOL for real. Almost every negative thread started within the last 3 months was started by EMfuturePA. Don't get me wrong, its good to bring out certain topics to make others aware and to change the profession for the better, but if you are going to constantly trash PAs and NPs with falsified information, it might be better for you to not be involved in the profession at all.

Sorry guys, hadn't noticed that.  Placing that account on prior approval in about 30 seconds...

Archived