MCPHS-Manch: Application Cycle 2018-2019

Hi, I just logged into mine kind of randomly to look and at the top it says "Your application has been reviewed and you have been placed on a waitlist. We welcome you to continue to submit materials in support of your application. Please contact the Admission Office with any questions." 

I am unsure if I should read too much into this if they said we wouldn't hear a decision until January? I am wondering if anyone who interviewed 12/18 in the morning has looked at their portal/saw it be updated.

15 hours ago, michellepaik said:

@Kes1123 I received the same email as well. I’m not sure if it is definite waitlist. I emailed them to see if there is a ranking system.

I didn’t receive an email at all besides thanking me for coming to the interview, with no mention of an updated portal. I just happened to check the portal on 12/20 and saw it said I had been waitlisted. Please let us know if you find out if the waitlist is ranked! 

On 12/22/2018 at 8:28 AM, Kes1123 said:

I didn’t receive an email at all besides thanking me for coming to the interview, with no mention of an updated portal. I just happened to check the portal on 12/20 and saw it said I had been waitlisted. Please let us know if you find out if the waitlist is ranked! 

Unfortunately they said it wasn’t ranked. So I don’t know how they will conduct acceptions from the wait list.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kes1123 said:

Does anyone have any experience with the waitlist/getting off of the waitlist? I was thinking of calling today to ask about the situation, but don't want to be "that person" lol. Any ideas for contacting admission would be super helpful.

I was waitlisted last cycle. It’s still really early on and I’m almost positive they are still in the processing of conducting interviews. They will reach out to you if there is movement.

Hey guys, I applied to the PA program at MCPHS Manchester. I checked the school portal and it states that I am being waitlisted for an interview (basically they will let me know when a spot opens). Is anyone else waitlisted? I am so nervous. Is this bad news? I thought being waitlisted will only happened after having an interview.

Edited by avivi

On 2/6/2019 at 6:58 PM, avivi said:

Hey guys, I applied to the PA program at MCPHS Manchester. I checked the school portal and it states that I am being waitlisted for an interview (basically they will let me know when a spot opens). Is anyone else waitlisted? I am so nervous. Is this bad news? I thought being waitlisted will only happened after having an interview.

This means you are on a waitlist to interview. You will receive an invite for an interview if a spot for an interview opens. Then after you interview you are either rejected, waitlisted for a seat in the program, or accepted. 

On 2/1/2019 at 10:45 AM, Kes1123 said:

Does anyone have any experience with the waitlist/getting off of the waitlist? I was thinking of calling today to ask about the situation, but don't want to be "that person" lol. Any ideas for contacting admission would be super helpful.

Hey, have they call you for an interview yet? I was also waitlisted for an interview. I called and they didn't give me much information other than just keep waiting. 

14 hours ago, Jazz2018 said:

This means you are on a waitlist to interview. You will receive an invite for an interview if a spot for an interview opens. Then after you interview you are either rejected, waitlisted for a seat in the program, or accepted. 

Thanks! I hope they call me for an interview soon. 

2 hours ago, avivi said:

Hey, have they call you for an interview yet? I was also waitlisted for an interview. I called and they didn't give me much information other than just keep waiting. 

Hi Avivi! I had my interview already on December 18, 2018. I checked my portal on December 20, 2018 and it says I have been placed on a waitlist and has not changed since. 

For those accepted and have put down their seat deposit, have you been given any instructions regarding what would happen if they do not regain accreditation? This is my only concern so just looking for some insight! Thanks so much 

Edited by klj13