South College-Atlanta

Just received my confirmation that my application to the new South College at the Atlanta campus is complete. They said that they are starting to review incoming applications now (August) and interviews will be conducted Jan-May for the October start date pending accreditation at the June site visit. 

Curious who else is applying to the Atlanta campus. Good luck to all this application cycle!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, crcrown said:

anyone know how many they will be accepting for the first class and when interviews might start going out?

When I talked to their admission rep she said they won’t have an exact number until after the ARCPA come in June but they are hoping for a class size of 30-40 for the ATL campus. I think the confirmation email said they arent interviewing until Jan 2019 and those go until May so probably wont hear back from them until at least December at the earliest!

• Like 1

I received an interview invite today 09/11/17 for October 5, 2018.?  It was an attached image which I could not open on my iPhone.? Seemed weird to me, compared to other invites I have received in the past which have been typed emails. Has anyone else received an invite? Also, does anyone know more about the accreditation process? 

24 minutes ago, HGE062318 said:

I received an interview invite today 09/11/17 for October 5, 2018.?  It was an attached image which I could not open on my iPhone.? Seemed weird to me, compared to other invites I have received in the past which have been typed emails. Has anyone else received an invite? Also, does anyone know more about the accreditation process? 

Hi! I also received an interview invite today for 10/5!! Same thing with my email, kinda weird that the message was sent in jpgs but I was able to open it on my phone, just took a little bit longer to download.

As far as the accreditation process, from what I understand Knoxville location is applying for accreditation for the ATL campus as an "extension campus" (similar to what PCOM has done with their GA campus if you're familiar with that). ARC-PA doesn't do their final site review until June 2019, but I know that there is always preliminary visits before the final review so the school can get an idea of what they need to pass the review. I'm sure if you email Deborah she'll be able to answer more questions, she's super responsive to emails!!

2 hours ago, HGE062318 said:

For those who have received an interview invite, when did you submit your applications? And are you interviewing in Atlanta or in Knoxville? Congrats! ?

Guest Kittycat

October 5th Interview! Application received and under review for the Atlanta Campus 8/6. Also, anyone interested in meeting up the day before the interview? I am a bit nervous! ?

6 hours ago, Abc133 said:

To anyone that already submitted their application, how long did it take for your GRE scores to be uploaded to your CASPA? Congrats to those who received interviews already!

Mine only took a few days, but I think if you go to your account on the ETS/GRE website you can track the status of your sent scores to specific schools!

I am a bit confused because I was under the impressions that the interviews didn't start till January.

As a rule of thumb, we send out notifications once your file is complete and ready for review. Interviews are held January–May "and applicants selected to interview are notified 3-4 weeks prior to their interview date. Due to the large number of applications that we receive each year, we are unable to give individual status updates during the application process. Status updates will be sent to all applicants by July."

I am surprised there are interviews for October for the Atlanta campus. I got an email that said my application was complete in August, and that review begins in August. Did you guys get another additional email that said your application is being reviewed after the initial email for completion?

Edit: I applied for both the Atlanta and Knoxville campus. 

Edited by Eolorunl
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...