South College-Atlanta

Hey!

For those who were at the most recent interview session (congrats to those who were accepted!!! 😄), did the faculty mention whether this program was accredited yet or on track to become accredited? I was accepted back in early November and they mentioned that by March, they would have been meeting with members from the PA accreditation board. I'm just curious as to what updates they have may provided at the most recent interview session!

Also, does anyone know the code for FAFSA for this specific program? They are not yet listed on the fafsa application website so I was confused about that!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!! 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 4:52 PM, PAheyPA said:

Hey!

For those who were at the most recent interview session (congrats to those who were accepted!!! 😄), did the faculty mention whether this program was accredited yet or on track to become accredited? I was accepted back in early November and they mentioned that by March, they would have been meeting with members from the PA accreditation board. I'm just curious as to what updates they have may provided at the most recent interview session!

Also, does anyone know the code for FAFSA for this specific program? They are not yet listed on the fafsa application website so I was confused about that!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!! 

They are not accredited yet, but reported they should be by June, and assured us that there really shouldn't be any issues with accreditation. 

They also did not have any information about financial aid yet; I think they said they were waiting until all the seats were full and interviews are done.

Just received my confirmation that my application to the new South College at the Atlanta campus is complete. They said that they are starting to review incoming applications now (August) and interviews will be conducted Jan-May for the October start date pending accreditation at the June site visit. 
Curious who else is applying to the Atlanta campus. Good luck to all this application cycle!
I am going to apply this year...still reviewing the information and program. Just find out about it today!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, AnngiePA said:
11 hours ago, cwbrailer said:

I got my call of acceptance today! I was on the wait list. I’m so excited to meet everyone in October! 🙂

Got accepted back in November, waiting to hear back from one other school to make my final decision, but if I don't get accepted there I'll see you in October!

58 minutes ago, akd1122 said:

To those accepted, congrats! Does anyone know when they are going to be making a facebook page for our class?

I would assume after the June meeting where they are making a decision on the extension of the program to Atlanta. I looked it up on the ARC-PA website and it's scheduled for June 23rd. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, MadelineT5 said:

Hi! Congrats to everyone accepted! 

Anyone heard any news on accreditation after ARC-PA meeting? 

Also, does anyone know if the background check is due July 1st or before program start? I am at the beach without my laptop and having trouble getting it to work on my phone. 

Thanks! 

I haven’t heard anything about the accreditation meeting, I believe it was last week though. Based upon past meetings, it seems as though the ARC-PA doesn’t post the results until months after. For example during their March meeting, I don’t think the results were posted on their website till June. But hopefully they will notify the school much sooner than when they post on their website. 

Also I’m not too sure of when the background check is due. 

• 2 weeks later...