Will I be competitive?

Hi everyone, just applied to 11 schools on the east coast. Wondering if I can get some opinions on my stats. Any thoughts are welcome! I'm an applied biology major with a focus in pre-physician assistant studies, and a minor in psychology.

cGPA is 3.85

sGPA is 3.77

PCE will be about 1800 to 1900 hours by the matriculation. I've worked in a pretty intense environment at cardiothoracic surgery.

shadowed 120 hours with a PA in otolaryngology.

I've also been an anatomy and physiology lab teacher assistant for about a year and a half.

I feel my personal statement was strong. I had plenty of help with it and I feel it reflects my skills and accolades very well.

I also was a volunteer soccer coach and referee for a while.

My letters of rec are coming from my nurse manager from patient care employment, the PA I shadowed, the anatomy and physiology professor that I assist in the lab, and my organic chem professor (Got A's both semesters with him in lab and lecture). 

Any constructive thoughts are welcome! Thanks guys!

Guest HanSolo

Seems decent. Didn't apply too late in the cycle. GRE?

You avoided telling us what your job actually was. Not sure if that was intentional or unintentional. 

Pre-PA studies is a thing now?

Sorry totally forgot gre scores! 73rd percentile on the Verbal, 66 on quantitative with a combined 313. 4.0 on the analytical, and that was the 60th percentile. My patient care experience is in a hospital as a nurses aide. I was verified on July 18th so a little later than I had hoped 

19 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

You should have a reasonable shot. Nothing about your GRE scores?

1 hour ago, HanSolo said:

Seems decent. Didn't apply too late in the cycle. GRE?

You avoided telling us what your job actually was. Not sure if that was intentional or unintentional. 

Pre-PA studies is a thing now?

5 hours ago, PDF1996 said:

Hi everyone, just applied to 11 schools on the east coast. Wondering if I can get some opinions on my stats. Any thoughts are welcome! I'm an applied biology major with a focus in pre-physician assistant studies, and a minor in psychology.

cGPA is 3.85

sGPA is 3.77

PCE will be about 1800 to 1900 hours by the matriculation. I've worked in a pretty intense environment at cardiothoracic surgery.

shadowed 120 hours with a PA in otolaryngology.

I've also been an anatomy and physiology lab teacher assistant for about a year and a half.

I feel my personal statement was strong. I had plenty of help with it and I feel it reflects my skills and accolades very well.

I also was a volunteer soccer coach and referee for a while.

My letters of rec are coming from my nurse manager from patient care employment, the PA I shadowed, the anatomy and physiology professor that I assist in the lab, and my organic chem professor (Got A's both semesters with him in lab and lecture). 

Any constructive thoughts are welcome! Thanks guys!

Schools won’t project hours until matriculation. A handful project until the application deadline but they’re few and far between. 

Your hour count at the time you submitted your application is what schools will evaluate.

Archived