alarbogast

GVSU 2018-2019 Application Cycle

Hello everyone! Here is a new forum for the 2018-2019 applicants. 

CASPA submitted: 5/20

CASPA verified: 5/22

GVSU application complete: 5/28

Good luck!

Good luck everyone! Excited to hopefully interview at GV! Here are my stats:

CASPA submitted: 4/27

CASPA verified: 5/31

GVSU application complete: 5/1

CASPA submitted 5/6 - received 5/16

Supplemental application submitted 4/28

Third time applicant. One of my top choices! Have not been interviewed in past years.

Is Grand Valley rolling? I can't find it on website but they did say all applicants are notified of interviews around October which makes me think maybe it's not rolling? 

37 minutes ago, onedayPA7 said:

Is Grand Valley rolling? I can't find it on website but they did say all applicants are notified of interviews around October which makes me think maybe it's not rolling? 

I don't think it is rolling because there is only one interview date for each campus.

Just so people know I emailed the school and they are a non-rolling program with a hard deadline. She told me their is no advantage to applying early. I hope this helps some people ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, beva303 said:

Has anyone received any kind of correspondence from GVSU??

If you read the website, it says they don't send out interview invites until mid-October 

4 hours ago, beva303 said:

Has anyone received any kind of correspondence from GVSU??

Last year the interview invites were sent out October 19th, the year before October 12th, but since GVSU is now on CASPA I think they’ll receive more applicants so I would put my money on later, rather than sooner in “mid-October” 

• Like 1

Ok did anyone else just get an email from GV with subject line "you're invited" and have a full on heart attack?

It's just for a groundbreaking for their new building. Why you gotta do me like that, GV?!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RadTech906 said:

Anyone hear anything yet?!

Nope! Website says mid-October so I'm chilling until October 15 then it's full on panic mode.

2 hours ago, LillyS said:

Its Oct 11th and I'm full on stressing out

I laughed too hard at this only because it pretty much sums up how I've been feeling this entire application cycle ? I have faith in us though!!

• Like 1

This is their first year using CASPA, so I'm thinking the process may be delayed a bit due to getting used to a new system. Stay calm and patient!

And they said “AFTER mid-October” (they capitalized the after) on their website. Their interview dates are posted (Nov 2nd for TC, 9th for GR), they’ll get back to everyone soon enough. 

• Like 1