Marshall B. Ketchum University: 2018-2019 Cycle

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest HeyyEb
On 8/29/2018 at 1:50 AM, TiVo91 said:

Submitted app 8/10, verified 8/11. Haven't heard anything since. No e-mail about paying for supplemental yet.

I have not heard anything about a supplemental either 

I have not heard anything about a supplemental either 

I sent an e-mail with a couple of questions to the admissions committee. One of the responses was that they were aware many students haven’t received the portal link to pay the supplemental fees. They said they were working on it and will make sure there is enough time before the deadline.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:08 AM, mmh said:

I sent an e-mail with a couple of questions to the admissions committee. One of the responses was that they were aware many students haven’t received the portal link to pay the supplemental fees. They said they were working on it and will make sure there is enough time before the deadline.

Just received my supplemental app link yesterday! It went to my junk folder so make sure to check it.

4 hours ago, CTPAAPPLICANT2018 said:

Is the supplemental app link the same link where you pay? I don't remember them mentioning anything about additional questions to answer?

Yes I was confused on that as well but I did not see any additional questions

Hey everyone! 2nd year MBKU student here. First off, congrats on applying! All I have to say is MBKU is awesome. I couldn’t imagine attending any other program. I highly recommend attending one of their pre-PA preview days. I don’t know of any specific dates just yet, but they usually host one in October. I’m about to start rotations in a couple months so I can’t answer any questions regarding that just yet, but feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions. Good luck! 

• Upvote 3

Question: does anyone find it unfair that they do not accept online labs? I go to one of the largest universities in Canada where Physiology has no lab, and Anatomy is a one course that's basically first dibs between premed, kin and nursing students. It basically depends on if you get lucky with an early enrolment date. That Anatomy course doesn't even have a lab, however, the only one that does is a Histology course which has nothing to do with the human body. Because of this I decided the only way to do this was to pay a large amount of money and do it online through a U.S. institution. There would have been literally no other way unless I packed my bags and moved to the U.S. to take a course in person. I just think it totally wipes out the possibility of people in my position attending a school like this. It's not like we took it out of convenience say because we had jobs, but that there was literally no choice. 

2 minutes ago, Hana339 said:

Question: does anyone find it unfair that they do not accept online labs? I go to one of the largest universities in Canada where Physiology has no lab, and Anatomy is a one course that's basically first dibs between premed, kin and nursing students. It basically depends on if you get lucky with an early enrolment date. That Anatomy course doesn't even have a lab, however, the only one that does is a Histology course which has nothing to do with the human body. Because of this I decided the only way to do this was to pay a large amount of money and do it online through a U.S. institution. There would have been literally no other way unless I packed my bags and moved to the U.S. to take a course in person. I just think it totally wipes out the possibility of people in my position attending a school like this. It's not like we took it out of convenience say because we had jobs, but that there was literally no choice. 

That sounds pretty rough.  Have you applied to one of the Canadian PA programs?  You might have better luck there.

Just now, Bonist55 said:

That sounds pretty rough.  Have you applied to one of the Canadian PA programs?  You might have better luck there.

No, I don't want to as there's kind of a PA crisis here. The first graduating class was literally like 5-6 years ago so it's not my first option. I prefer to go to a place where the profession is established. I just wish people could pass this info on to schools that do this. It's not our fault and we do backflips just to take certain courses only for them to be like "no thanks" without even asking why we took this mode in the first place. I notice a lot of schools in Cali do and that's where I have the most family. 

I think if you applied before September 1st you do qualify for the early interview. 

Im sorry you guys still haven’t heard anything. I would just send out a nice email asking about the link. 

Also, after reading the posts from last year, it seems no one really heard anything about the interviews until November 6th so there is still a lot of time for them to go through the applications. You guys definitely have a fair chance in the running! ?

Edited by MishaShisha

Hey guys,

To answer a few questions- CASPA application verification by September 1, 2018 guarantees priority consideration for a possible early interview invitation. I emailed the program because I too did not receive an email confirming receipt of my CASPA application and the supplemental application fee payment link. As someone stated earlier, the program will send the supplemental application fee payment link which will give you access to the program’s  portal to pay the supplemental application fee due by November 1, 2018 (No additional questions). Do not panic! MBK experienced problems with their system which caused a delay in the email sending to applicants. As someone also stated earlier, please check your junk/spam to ensure your mailbox did not filter the email into there. Hope compiling all this information in one place helped tremendously! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

I submitted my CASPA application on August 27th and got an emailed from them on August 31st regarding the supplemental fee.  This email was actually in my Spam folder! So don't forget to check your Spam! The title of the email is: Your MyKetchum Portal Username and Password.

For those worried about making the deadline for the "Early Decision" consideration, this is what it says in my portal before payment submission: 

"Applications submitted before September 1st will need to submit the Supplemental Application Fee Payment no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on November 1, 2018 to be considered for an Early Consideration interview."

Hope this info helps!

• Like 1