Advice on UC job offer?

Looking for a thumbs up/down opinion on a recent offer I received. I'll try and keep it short. My wife and I are moving back to the Southeast soon,  hence the job search. I'm 4 years out of PA school. Spent 2 years in urgent care, and last 2 in neurosurgery. And I'm very much the "work to live" type. Don't mind working hard, but cherish home/family time too, thus not staying in NSGY at a level 1 trauma center. 

Location: Urgent Care on steroids: basics + onsite XR, CT, MRI, U/S, full lab. Manage some occasional high acuity stuff (they've done chest tubes, mild sedation, intubate, etc.). (sort of a satellite ER feel). They direct admit to local hospitals if not safe to send pt home. PAs run most of the show, expected to be able to do solo coverage after a while. 

-Hours: 8am-7pm M-F, 10-6 Sat, 11-6 Sun. Not open on holidays (1-2 wknds a month depending on season)

-$50/hr x40hrs a week x 52 wks = 104k

-Anywhere from 3-5 pts/hr roughly depending on season. 

-Full medical/dental etc after 3 months. (no payout if forgo insurance)

-Malpractice coverage (occurrence based)

-1k CME

-401k + match

-No PTO or vacation stipend. 

-No productivity bonus but 1.5 pay after 40 hrs

-Medical Scribes on site

Honestly seems like a great place to work and I feel like I will be valued as a PA and much will be expected of me. Plus decent hours. My biggest hesitation is the no PTO/CME/Vacation time. Basically I'm penalized for taking vacation. I either take a pay cut or I have to work extra and give up  home time the rest of the month to make up for lost pay. Is that standard/common? My previous UC job gave a vacation stipend that helped when taking longer vacations. Also would love more like $55/hr but they wouldn't budge, not even to $52. 

Any red flags to y'all? Is no PTO or vacation stipend acceptable in an UC setting? I also feel like salary is a bit on the low end, especially considering eventually doing solo coverage? But that's in a mid-sized city in the southeast so COL is relatively medium to low, but not rural small town low. 

Thanks

Thanks,  that's what I'm thinking too. Their unwillingness to budge even a little also doesn't excite me. It's just that it legitimately sounds like a job I would really enjoy potentially for years to come, good hours, good atmosphere, challenge, perfect location, etc. Was all excited about it until they gave the actual offer details it took the wind out of the sails a bit. Thought about accepting and doing 3-6 months to prove my worth and then approach to re-negotiate with data and potentially other job offers and if they continue to not want offer anything better then peace out (have to give 12 wks notice, unsure about non-compete clause). About 4 other PAs already in the practice, not sure what they get paid, but I know all else is the same. Wondering if it's even worth trying for better deal in a few months or it sounds like y'all would just pass from the get go. I don't want to be "that guy" that keeps PA salaries from increasing because they accepted an underpaying position, even if only temporarily... 

Archived