Thomas Jefferson University: 2018-2019 Application cycle

12 hours ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

So-- After going on several interviews, I feel like it would be very valuable if we had a philly pre-PA meet up, where we could discuss strategies, what we have thought of the cycle so far, and any tips to help each other.  I say this because when we meet in the interview environment we are confined to the nervousness of the day and also the perception of the staff members.  Maybe we can even talk current and past PA students to join us.  

So I'm wondering if anyone is interested in helping me organize this.  A tentative date for it would be September 6th, 7th or 8th.  Please message if you're interested in helping.  Thank you.  

I am totally in support of this. Great idea! I live in the area and I'd be happy to help organize. I am off on September 7th, if we can make that work. I don't interview until October 9th though. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pk325 said:

Interviewed at the NJ campus yesterday and it was one of the most laid back interview styles I have seen thus far. I THINK I did great, but guess you never know until you hear back. Brooke (the coordinator) said it could be as early as next week that we find out our admission status! Fingers crossed! Waiting, in my opinion, is the hardest part.

Agreed! Yesterday was my first interview for a PA program ever, but I never felt uneasy, except for being second-to-last to arrive for my interview even though I was 25 minutes early. But it worked out fine! I also feel like I did well. It was a great conversation and everyone truly just wanted to make you feel comfortable and get to know you! I forgot to grab a water bottle and when I sat down for the interview portion, my interviewer pulled a bottle out from under her desk and said she remembers how nervous she was, it was super sweet and defiantly instantly made me feel so comfortable! Everyone was always so nice and excited to meet you, the students answering questions gave tips and were very honest, and I honestly never felt crippled with nerves even though I almost did before leaving, haha. Good luck to everyone else who interviewed! The wait is going to kill me...

• Like 2

On 8/17/2018 at 12:16 PM, whitecoatrosegold said:

Agreed! Yesterday was my first interview for a PA program ever, but I never felt uneasy, except for being second-to-last to arrive for my interview even though I was 25 minutes early. But it worked out fine! I also feel like I did well. It was a great conversation and everyone truly just wanted to make you feel comfortable and get to know you! I forgot to grab a water bottle and when I sat down for the interview portion, my interviewer pulled a bottle out from under her desk and said she remembers how nervous she was, it was super sweet and defiantly instantly made me feel so comfortable! Everyone was always so nice and excited to meet you, the students answering questions gave tips and were very honest, and I honestly never felt crippled with nerves even though I almost did before leaving, haha. Good luck to everyone else who interviewed! The wait is going to kill me...

Yeah ! Congratulations on your first interview and fingers X to hear soon that you are accepted into PA program . 

Edited by YGrabo
  • Like 1

Hi guys . I have a question for all who feels comfortable to answer it and already have had an interview.

What do you think makes the PA program at TJU unique ? Why did you choose this program over another if you had a choice? Does this program practice volunteer help as a part of its curriculum ?

thank you in advance. 

10 minutes ago, Emrlat said:

Did anyone recently receive an email titled “thanks for requesting more information”? I am assuming since quite a few people have already been offered interviews that that is their way of nicely saying that I am not being offered an interview. 

I recieved that email but also got an interview invitation.

20 minutes ago, Emrlat said:

Did anyone recently receive an email titled “thanks for requesting more information”? I am assuming since quite a few people have already been offered interviews that that is their way of nicely saying that I am not being offered an interview. 

Yes I did. I was a little confused about it too. I replied that I’ve already applied and just waiting to hear back. ? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Emrlat said:

I did ! It was  kinda strange  email ?‍♀️. I just applied though and I am still waiting to hear something back, hopefully  more then just this:) 

12 hours ago, Emrlat said:

Hi! I received this email and was thinking the same thing so I emailed them back and asked if I was missing anything from my applications, etc. I applied to all three campuses and have an interview at cc. They responded with..

"Thank you for contacting graduate admissions. East Falls and NJ campuses are still reviewing PA applications and will be in touch if you are invited for an admissions interview.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience and please let us know if you have any questions.

-Jaimie"

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2018 at 9:03 AM, mleej said:

Hi! I received this email and was thinking the same thing so I emailed them back and asked if I was missing anything from my applications, etc. I applied to all three campuses and have an interview at cc. They responded with..

"Thank you for contacting graduate admissions. East Falls and NJ campuses are still reviewing PA applications and will be in touch if you are invited for an admissions interview.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience and please let us know if you have any questions.

-Jaimie"

Congrats on the interview at cc! Thanks for the info, I’m glad to know all hope is not lost yet! 

13 minutes ago, allthingspa said:

Received an email today at noon saying I was accepted to East Falls. I will most likely decline my seat as I am waiting to hear back from another program. They said I have 14 days from the time of acceptance to send in my $2,000 deposit. Good luck to everyone!  

Congrats!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, allthingspa said:

Received an email today at noon saying I was accepted to East Falls. I will most likely decline my seat as I am waiting to hear back from another program. They said I have 14 days from the time of acceptance to send in my $2,000 deposit. Good luck to everyone!  

So exciting!! Congrats!! 

Anyone from the NJ interview starting to get anxious as the one-week mark approaches? They mentioned we could hear back as early as one week and I'm started to get nervous!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

So exciting!! Congrats!! 

Anyone from the NJ interview starting to get anxious as the one-week mark approaches? They mentioned we could hear back as early as one week and I'm started to get nervous!

I'm soo soo anxious. Hoping to get some good news tomorrow. I thought I did great on the interview but looking back I always remember things I should have said or done differently! The wait is always the hardest part for me cause theres just nothing left for you to do!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, allthingspa said:

Hey! do you mind telling me from what kind of email address you received your acceptance? On interview day they said the acceptance would come to our emails THROUGH CASPA and that its more than likely to go to spam or junk! Just hoping to keep a lookout

12 minutes ago, pk325 said:

Hey! do you mind telling me from what kind of email address you received your acceptance? On interview day they said the acceptance would come to our emails THROUGH CASPA and that its more than likely to go to spam or junk! Just hoping to keep a lookout

Mine did not come through spam and it was not from CASPA. It looks like it came from TJU directly with the heading “Congratulations from Thomas Jefferson University, East Falls Campus!”

Good luck! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, allthingspa said:

Mine did not come through spam and it was not from CASPA. It looks like it came from TJU directly with the heading “Congratulations from Thomas Jefferson University, East Falls Campus!”

Good luck! 

Hmm ok! Thanks! I wonder if we will hear back today or tomorrow

• Upvote 2