Thomas Jefferson University: 2018-2019 Application cycle

On 7/20/2018 at 1:57 PM, jadePA2 said:

Congrats! I was also offered an interview for 8/14 but it's for East Falls/formerly Philadelphia U/now TJU. Has anyone heard back from TJU Center City?

Hi!  I believe that you'll have to wait till August for the CC Jefferson invitation. At least that's what happened last year.

Edited by PAsAreAmazing

Hi everyone!

First off, congratulations to all of those who received interview dates! GOOD LUCK!!

For those who have submitted through CASPA and received confirmation that the program has their app, how long did it take for you to hear? I submitted my application on July 20th and still waiting. Only one school has reached out stating they received my application but nothing from TJU yet. Just curious to know how long it took for TJU East Falls or NJ to reach out?

Thank you! ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pk325 said:

My caspa was verified May 7 for the New Jersey Campus but haven't heard anything back yet...which is probably not a good sign...

Don't say that! When people started hearing a few days ago that had applied before me I was like "shoot, I haven't heard, I was overlooked..." And I got an email Monday, 5 days after people began hearing! It looks like the email is individual and it's sent and you RSVP to single their admissions coordinator for both NJ and Easy Falls campus, so its totally possible she hasn't gotten to emailing you yet and is busy with all the invites! 

I was always told that no news is good news. Until you get a rejection, they are still considering you. It's not what you want to hear, but it is also possible that they reviewed you and put you off to the side until they've gone through more applicants and they may get back to you then, sort of like an alternate. But don't give up hope.  

Hi everyone!

First off, congratulations to all of those who received interview dates! GOOD LUCK!!

For those who have submitted through CASPA and received confirmation that the program has their app, how long did it take for you to hear? I submitted my application on July 20th and still waiting. Only one school has reached out stating they received my application but nothing from TJU yet. Just curious to know how long it took for TJU East Falls or NJ to reach out?

Thank you! ?

Hey! So I submitted May 18th and got an email confirming my application from TJ that same day. I'd reach out to be sure they received it if you didn't get a confirmation email yet!

Edited by whitecoatrosegold
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Don't say that! When people started hearing a few days ago that had applied before me I was like "shoot, I haven't heard, I was overlooked..." And I got an email Monday, 5 days after people began hearing! It looks like the email is individual and it's sent and you RSVP to single their admissions coordinator for both NJ and Easy Falls campus, so its totally possible she hasn't gotten to emailing you yet and is busy with all the invites! 

I was always told that no news is good news. Until you get a rejection, they are still considering you. It's not what you want to hear, but it is also possible that they reviewed you and put you off to the side until they've gone through more applicants and they may get back to you then, sort of like an alternate. But don't give up hope.  

Thanks! I will try to remain hopeful!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bonist55 said:

I recently declined my interview on 8-14 for the East Falls campus because I was accepted to Eastern Virginia Medical School.  Hopefully one of you can take my spot!! Good luck!

Congrats and good luck! I interviewed there as well but havent heard anything back yet.

15 minutes ago, pk325 said:

Congrats and good luck! I interviewed there as well but havent heard anything back yet.

What day & time did you interview at EVMS?  I interviewed Friday the 13th at 7:45am EST and I heard back on Friday the 20th by noon PST.  I’ve heard that people who interviewed Sunday & Monday haven’t heard back yet.  Not sure if that’s still accurate. 

3 minutes ago, Bonist55 said:

What day & time did you interview at EVMS?  I interviewed Friday the 13th at 7:45am EST and I heard back on Friday the 20th by noon PST.  I’ve heard that people who interviewed Sunday & Monday haven’t heard back yet.  Not sure if that’s still accurate. 

I interviewed with EVMS Monday afternoon. I dont think there were any interviews held on Sunday though. And yeah, doesnt look like anyone who interviewed Monday has heard back at all yet. They said we should know in 2 weeks (the latest) so I guess by Monday I should know for sure...but I am keeping my fingers crossed for some good news today! LOL

• Upvote 2