Thomas Jefferson University: 2018-2019 Application cycle

I also got accepted at NJ ?  Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to everyone else with the rest of the admission process.  You've got this!

Question!  I heard that students are not allowed to use electronics (laptop) in class from the current students.  Have anyone heard about things like that?  The faculties never mentioned it during the orientation.

And do people know the locations of clinical rotation sites?  

Edited by shuan9517
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2018 at 7:49 AM, shuan9517 said:

I also got accepted at NJ ?  Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to everyone else with the rest of the admission process.  You've got this!

Question!  I heard that students are not allowed to use electronics (laptop) in class from the current students.  Have anyone heard about things like that?  The faculties never mentioned it during the orientation.

During my session, the students told us there are no electronics in class which includes cell phones and laptops. One of the office staff prints and staples the slides for each lecture for the day and puts them all at each seat so everyone has them which I thought was pretty nice! I get distracted by electronics (even those typing next to me) so I personally loved this aspect!

Congrats to everyone accepted at East Falls and NJ! Is everyone accepting their seats/still holding out for other programs? I'll be accepting as this is the first program I've heard back from. How does everyone feel about the potential move to Voorhees?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

During my session, the students told us there are no electronics in class which includes cell phones and laptops. One of the office staff prints and staples the slides for each lecture for the day and puts them all at each seat so everyone has them which I thought was pretty nice! I get distracted by electronics (even those typing next to me) so I personally loved this aspect!

Congrats to everyone accepted at East Falls and NJ! Is everyone accepting their seats/still holding out for other programs? I'll be accepting as this is the first program I've heard back from. How does everyone feel about the potential move to Voorhees?

I was wondering if you will be accepting their seat ! Congratulations one more time ! So happy for you ! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Thank you for replying me.  I really want to attend this program, but I am anxious about this policy...  I use my laptop for every class in college to type notes, because I can't write as quickly. 

I am sure there are people that are used to taking notes on laptop. I just don't know how easy it is for me to adjust my learning habits for this old school type of teaching. ?  What do you think?  

I am hoping that some current students can share their experiences with me.

Edited by shuan9517

12 hours ago, shuan9517 said:

Thank you for replying me.  I really want to attend this program, but I am anxious about this policy...  I use my laptop for every class in college to type notes, because I can't write as quickly. 

I am sure there are people that are used to taking notes on laptop. I just don't know how easy it is for me to adjust my learning habits for this old school type of teaching. ?  What do you think?  

I am hoping that some current students can share their experiences with me.

I had a similar policy in a class in undergrad and the professor recommended we record the lectures so if we missed something we could re-listen at whatever speed we wanted and fill in the blanks. Also a great way to study quickly and re-review the material after class  so you sort of kill two birds with one stone. I want to say the students mentioned their recordings are online but don't quote me there. It would be easy to record, you can buy a recorder on amazon for roughly $30. And honestly if one person records I'm sure the class is going to have some sort of google drive to share that as well. It seemed like a very connected program. You can also always re-write the notes into your laptop later too if that helps it stick better for you! I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker if you love the program. I'd even try emailing Brooke (the admissions coordinator) about your concern! She was super friendly and I bet she's seen a lot of people worry about this policy and can offer you her advice!

13 hours ago, YGrabo said:

I was wondering if you will be accepting their seat ! Congratulations one more time ! So happy for you ! 

Thank you! I'm sort of over the moon about the whole thing, I can't believe it's real! Someone pinch me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmiCami said:

Is there a writing sample portion of the interview? If so can you tell me the expected length and time limit ? 

No, there is no writing sample. Just a really simple question about what is important to you when applying to a PA program-- and you would just have to list three reasons. 

21 hours ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

I will be accepting as well! :) It is the first program I heard from too! I don't know if I will be going to the rest of the interviews that I was invited too though. Will you go? With the $2,000 deposit I have to pay, I am not sure if I will go to the other interviews! 

I actually like the idea about moving to Voorhees. What do you think about it? The Atlantic City area is not very pleasant, so I feel that Voorhees is definitely better and safer. 

Ahh! I am so excited :)) 

• Like 1

I accepted my seat at the East Falls campus! I interviewed 8/14 and got my acceptance email on 8/22. I know it's early but please let me know if there's a facebook group or something for the East Falls class of 2021! ? 

Good luck to everyone in your application cycle! This is my second cycle - so don't give up!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1