Thomas Jefferson University: 2018-2019 Application cycle

12 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

They must be doing 2-3 a day then! I assume maybe first will be 8AM-11AM, I'm 11 AM and was told to expect to be on campus 3 hours so that makes sense 11AM-2PM and then 2PM-5PM. Have you booked a hotel yet?

I live in NY so will probably come down and leave the same day. HBY?

35 minutes ago, pk325 said:

Not yet but in my confirmation email it said interviews start in September so we will probably receive interview invitations in august!

I'm not sure if this is true regarding the Center City campus or just the East Falls/NJ campuses. I know CASPA wouldn't let me apply to both East Falls and NJ, you had to pick one so I think that means you'll only be asked for one? But this is what the website's FAQ says:

Do I have a better chance of being granted an interview if I apply to all Jefferson campuses, Center City, East Falls and New Jersey?

No. Students should only apply to the campus(es) for which they are truly interested in attending. If you are interested in both campuses, you may submit applications for each campus separately through CASPA knowing that the program will only grant an interview for one campus.

If I apply to both the East Falls and New Jersey campus, can I choose where I interview? Or will I be interviewed at both?

No. There will only be one interview granted which will be decided by the Admissions Committee based on which campus has the greater need.

8 hours ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

I'm not sure if this is true regarding the Center City campus or just the East Falls/NJ campuses. I know CASPA wouldn't let me apply to both East Falls and NJ, you had to pick one so I think that means you'll only be asked for one? But this is what the website's FAQ says:

I believe you can submit to all 3 programs but if you apply for East Falls and NJ, they will pick only one campus for you to interview for but the Center City campus has its own procedures and interview process. NJ and East Falls interviews are coordinated by the same committee but the Center City Campus has a different admissions committee.

"The newly integrated Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) will continue to offer two separately accredited PA programs operating under their existing ARC-PA accreditation.  The former Philadelphia University PA Program will continue to operate two campus locations in East Falls, Philadelphia and New Jersey.  The former Thomas Jefferson University PA program will continue to operate on the Center City, Philadelphia campus.

There is no change in the application process for each of the programs.  For students interested in applying to the pre-integration Thomas Jefferson University PA Program located in Center City Philadelphia, you should apply, via CASPA, to Thomas Jefferson University and select the PA Program in Center City.  For students interested in applying to the pre-integration Philadelphia University PA Program, you should apply, via CASPA, to Philadelphia University (now Thomas Jefferson) and select the campus location(s) you are interested in applying to; the East Falls, Philadelphia campus or the New Jersey campus.

Students accepted to and enrolled in each of these programs will complete the existing ARC-PA accredited program. "

Hope this helps clear things up!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, pk325 said:

Does anybody have any insight as to the format of the interview on the NJ campus?

I found some information on the website and thought I'd share since I asked the question lol.

"

What should I expect during an interview day?

During an interview day, candidates should expect to be on campus approximately 3-4 hours. Candidates will be interviewed by two representatives of the PA program. Candidates will also have an informational program presentation, a question and answer session, and a tour. Please note: Participation in each component of the interview day is expected. All components of the day are considered in acceptance decisions."

3 minutes ago, DRUMMERGIRL said:

Just got an interview invite at Center City,  and chose September 11, 8.45am. Anyone else is interviewing that day? What is a good place to stay around there? I'll be coming from NYC. 

Hello! I just got that same email. I will be at the Sept 11th center city campus interview date. There are plenty of places to stay around there because it is the hub for transportation in the east part of center city and it is near most historical landmarks. 

I have a bit of a prediciment because I also  have an interview at the east falls location next week. Hopefully I am able to sort this out where I pick the program that is my best fit. 

• Like 1