Thomas Jefferson University: 2018-2019 Application cycle

22 minutes ago, thehuladancer said:

Also received an invite today! I will probably be choosing Sept 25! Any recommendations for transportation? Should I rent a car, uber, or how is the public transportation? I’m coming from Orange County, CA 

The place where the interview is located is very friendly towards public transportation. You’ll be able to take a train from the airport to the area where the interview is being held. From there you will be able to use Uber or walk to the interview location depending on where you stay. I recommend staying in center city. I would not do west philly, or anything too far.  

Edited by jkweezerfanjk

1 hour ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

The place where the interview is located is very friendly towards public transportation. You’ll be able to take a train from the airport to the area where the interview is being held. From there you will be able to use Uber or walk to the interview location depending on where you stay. I recommend staying in center city. I would not do west philly, or anything too far.  

Okay thanks! I was gonna choose a September date but they were all filled by the time I picked ? so I’ll be coming in October. Hopefully that doesn’t hurt my chances haha

Edited by thehuladancer
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, EmiCami said:

@jkweezerfanjk I received a interview invitation for the center city campus today and am over the moon about it ? I am from VA and know nothing about the area . Any recommendations on a safe, nearby, affordable, cozy hotel ? 

So I can point you to nice areas to stay in, such as old city, but I personally haven’t been to hotels in Philly except for the Monaco hotel for a staycation which I would recommend. I know the ritz Carlton is nice and a reasonable distance from the interview. 

18 hours ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

Hello! I just got that same email. I will be at the Sept 11th center city campus interview date. There are plenty of places to stay around there because it is the hub for transportation in the east part of center city and it is near most historical landmarks. 

I have a bit of a prediciment because I also  have an interview at the east falls location next week. Hopefully I am able to sort this out where I pick the program that is my best fit. 

Which campus you prefer and why? Thanks!

1 hour ago, DRUMMERGIRL said:

Which campus you prefer and why? Thanks!

I think it’s pertinent to note that although Jefferson now owns the east falls campus, the program is being run the same it has through philly university. Not saying that is a good or a bad thing but it is something to consider. 

Jeff cc is a new program, but it has received accreditation. 

As far as location is concerned, either area has their pluses and minuses. I would be happy to go to either campus and am looking to be open minded during both interviews. I live in center city, but on the west end and would be open to commuting to east falls because it is a short drive. Also the center city campus is very accessible in general if that is important to you. They literally own the train station closest to them. The area of center city they are in is not the most glamorous part of downtown, but it gets nicer towards the south end of the campus. 

It seems like the center city campus is a little more flashy though, for example the invitation for an interview was like a concert ticket. 

I guess I didn’t answer your question but I still provided some information ?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

I think it’s pertinent to note that although Jefferson now owns the east falls campus, the program is being run the same it has through philly university. Not saying that is a good or a bad thing but it is something to consider. 

Jeff cc is a new program, but it has received accreditation. 

As far as location is concerned, either area has their pluses and minuses. I would be happy to go to either campus and am looking to be open minded during both interviews. I live in center city, but on the west end and would be open to commuting to east falls because it is a short drive. Also the center city campus is very accessible in general if that is important to you. They literally own the train station closest to them. The area of the center city they are in is not the most glamorous part of downtown, but it gets nicer towards the south end of the campus. 

It seems like the center city campus is a little more flashy though, for example the invitation for an interview was like a concert ticket. 

I guess I didn’t answer your question but I still provided some information ?  

Thank you! So from what I understand East Falls was the original program and they added Center City and NJ campuses? Does anyone know anything about rotation sites, are they different for Center and East Falls? Also, I see contradicting info about interviewing for different campuses - it seems like you can only get one interview, but then some of you are going to both... 

41 minutes ago, DRUMMERGIRL said:

One more question guys, I just realized I only got application acknowledgment from center city campus, although I've applied to East Falls as well... did those of you who applied to both got separate application acknowledgment emails or only one?? Thank you!

Hi Drummer Girl!

yes I did receive two separate email invitations. Did you do the supplemental application for Jefferson Center City?

12 minutes ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

Hi Drummer Girl!

yes I did receive two separate email invitations. Did you do the supplemental application for Jefferson Center City?

yes, I did, and I got an interview. But I realized I didn't get an email from east falls where I also applied, not even saying that they've received my application. So I just emailed east falls... hopefully they will respond 

4 minutes ago, DRUMMERGIRL said:

yes, I did, and I got an interview. But I realized I didn't get an email from east falls where I also applied, not even saying that they've received my application. So I just emailed east falls... hopefully they will respond 

Oh, sorry I misread. I have been confusing those two programs in my mind all year lol.