California Baptist University Riverside 2018-2019 Cycle

On 9/11/2018 at 3:40 PM, KatherineLee said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted they're app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

I took a full year of organic with lab and a full year of biochem with lab. I submitted July 27th. Good luck!!

For everyone wondering, there is still plenty of time to submit your application. There are several interview dates coming up so be on the lookout for an area code 951 phone number. Upcoming interviews are 10/12, 11/16/ 12/7 and 12/14. 

P.s. Several people in the current class did get accepted within hours to a month of their interview. However, that is not everyone. Several other people had months after their interview before they got accepted w/ a few coming off the waitlist like a month prior to matriculation. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 12:32 AM, JayG227 said:

I interviewed on September 7th and received a call for acceptance 10 days later.

Based on what I’ve been told from current students, most people heard back within 2 weeks of their interview. But that’s not 100% the case for the whole class so don’t be discouraged if you haven’t heard back yet!

Congrats on the acceptance!! I also interviewed on Sept 7th and got accepted! Do you know if anyone has started connecting with others on FB or other media?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, SoCaliPrePA said:

Received a call for an interview invite earlier today for Friday Nov 16! I am so excited to finally hear back from them!

I was CASPA verified and sent my supplemental to CBU both on Aug 3.

Congrats SoCaliPrePA, and good luck on that interview! Anyone that interviewed on Friday, Oct. 12th hear anything back from CBU yet? Still awaiting a response...haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoCaliPrePA said:

Hey guys! Can any of you that have already interviewed please give me some advice on the math test and english comp portion? I'm actually more worried about the math test...I saw some people wrote that it's basic math, but is there any other insight you can give me? And how did you guys prepare for it?

Try not to stress. Basic math, and conversions. I was super worried, but it was a breeze. English is self explanatory, write an essay. If you read through the last years thread, the explain it as well

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, SoCaliPrePA said:

Hey guys! Can any of you that have already interviewed please give me some advice on the math test and english comp portion? I'm actually more worried about the math test...I saw some people wrote that it's basic math, but is there any other insight you can give me? And how did you guys prepare for it?

The math is very simple. It is truly basic conversions. Be sure to write on something you are passionate about. When it comes to the medical terminology, don't worry to much on that. It is more for your reference as a student on where you are at. It has no bearing on your admission. Honestly that portion of your interview is the easiest. Just be ready for ethical questions. Most of all, be natural. The interview is meant to know you. If you remain yourself, not much you say will hurt your application, but if your rehearsed and act like a nervous robot, then it can affect you. So relax and enjoy it!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I have received an interview invite for Dec 7!!! I'm super excited but I'm just wondering though, is the current class full? When I interview would I have a chance at being in the current class or would I be waitlisted? I'm only saying this because they started their interviews back in Aug and I'm afraid with the small class size they already picked the everyone for the class.

4 hours ago, PrePaStudent18 said:

Hey guys! I have received an interview invite for Dec 7!!! I'm super excited but I'm just wondering though, is the current class full? When I interview would I have a chance at being in the current class or would I be waitlisted? I'm only saying this because they started their interviews back in Aug and I'm afraid with the small class size they already picked the everyone for the class.

Congratulations on your interview invite! I interviewed back in October and we were informed that the majority of decisions are not made until February/March (after all interviews are complete) and only a select few hear back before this time period. So I do not believe that the class is full yet or that you are only being considered for the waitlist. Best of luck to you!!