University of California San Diego

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 12:45 PM, prepa1295 said:

Do they prefer CA resident? I just paid supplemental and read their mission... Is there anyone applying from out of state (CA)?

I am applying from out of state - per the supplemental it says out of state candidates will be considered but it def seems like they prefer ppl who have a strong connection to California 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello, did anyone try paying the secondary lately? the page has been down and their website says not to contact admissions. I'm Just wondering how I should go about it if the deadline is approaching. If there are any supplemental questions, I'd appreciate any insight till the website gets up and running again. Thanks!

22 hours ago, Pa3Pal said:

hello, did anyone try paying the secondary lately? the page has been down and their website says not to contact admissions. I'm Just wondering how I should go about it if the deadline is approaching. If there are any supplemental questions, I'd appreciate any insight till the website gets up and running again. Thanks!

Hey, I noticed this when I was browsing their website the other day. I already submitted my secondary, but does the link to the secondary in the email they sent you after not work either? There are 6 secondary questions and some were optional! I answered 5/6. 

8 hours ago, thtennis said:

Hey, I noticed this when I was browsing their website the other day. I already submitted my secondary, but does the link to the secondary in the email they sent you after not work either? There are 6 secondary questions and some were optional! I answered 5/6. 

when you submitted the secondary, did they send you a confirmation email that they received your answers?

8 hours ago, PACINPROGRESS said:

when you submitted the secondary, did they send you a confirmation email that they received your answers?

Yes! I received an email with the subject “Admissions Secondary Application” and there is also a copy of my answers at the bottom of the email too.

37 minutes ago, Cheees said:

What should we do if we cannot submit the supplemental by tomorrow because the portal is down and they're currently working on resolving the issue?

I just looked on their website, and it looks like they're extending the due date of the supplemental for a to be determined date. 

https://paeducation.ucsd.edu/faq.html#Will-the-Secondary-Application-

I'm a little confused though because I paid the fee and saved the supplemental website, so I still have access to submit it. However, on the attached screenshot from their website, they said they disabled it... 

I was going to submit it right now, so I'm not sure if I should just wait or just do it right now. 

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 12.45.12 PM.png

2 minutes ago, tthn17 said:

I just looked on their website, and it looks like they're extending the due date of the supplemental for a to be determined date. 

https://paeducation.ucsd.edu/faq.html#Will-the-Secondary-Application-

I'm a little confused though because I paid the fee and saved the supplemental website, so I still have access to submit it. However, on the attached screenshot from their website, they said they disabled it... 

I was going to submit it right now, so I'm not sure if I should just wait or just do it right now. 

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 12.45.12 PM.png

Thanks for letting me know!! 

If you paid the fee maybe you can try to submit and they'll just reimburse you later? And if that doesn't work, you can always just re-submit when the published dates are out?? 😕 

Just got an email that says this:

Thank you for your interest in the Atkinson Physician Assistant Education Program at UC San Diego School of Medicine. We are writing to inform you that the anticipated launch of our program in January 2024 has met a slight delay as we continue to fine tune all administrative and institutional requirements for the master’s degree approval and its related University processes. Our anticipated program launch has shifted to June 2024. UC San Diego values excellence through continuous self-assessment and quality improvement, and we prioritize the student experience above all else. This delayed start date will also ensure that admitted students will have more time to get settled in San Diego before classes begin. 

FAQs:

When does the Program anticipate starting the program?

We anticipate the program will launch the first week in June 2024.

Why did the Program change the initial January 2024 launch timeline?

Administrative timelines related to the master’s degree approval require the Program to adhere to University-mandated timelines for processing the degree proposal. The degree proposal was submitted in early 2023 and has been making its way through the appropriate channels as expeditiously as possible. It has received favorable reviews and approvals throughout the process thus far.

Is the Program’s application for accreditation affected?

The accreditation timeline is entirely separate from the Master’s degree proposal timeline. In June 2023, site visitors from the ARC-PA completed their planned virtual visit with Program faculty, staff, and institutional leadership in the School of Medicine. The ARC-PA will meet to review the Program’s application of record and supporting documents in September 2023 and make their decision regarding the Program’s accreditation status following that meeting. The Program’s decision to launch in June 2024 does not affect the process described above, but the Program is obligated to notify the ARC-PA of the new launch date which remains within the original timeline issued by the ARC-PA in 2022.

Is a CASPA application still required?

Yes. Submitting a CASPA application by the currently published August 1 deadline is still required.

Will the CASPA application deadline change?

There are no changes to the existing CASPA deadline of August 1.

Will the Secondary Application deadline change?

The Secondary Application is currently disabled to comply with University of California System requirements for master’s degree approval. The application will be re-opened for 30 days when the Program receives notification of degree approval. The 30-day period will give applicants who have not yet submitted the Secondary Application time to do so. The Program will publish these new dates at a later time and notify all applicants via our website and CASPA’s email notification system.

What happens to existing Secondary Applications and fees?

Secondary Applications will be free of charge for all applicants during this admissions cycle only.  Applicants who submitted a Secondary Application this cycle and paid the fee will not have to re-apply and will receive a full refund when the link to the Secondary Application is enabled on the Program’s website. Applicants who did not submit a Secondary Application before the link was disabled in July will have 30-days to complete and submit their secondary application as described in the previous FAQ on this topic. 

Will the program still interview applicants and when will that occur?

Admissions interviews will be scheduled as soon as the Program receives clearance to move forward with program launch. We anticipate they will occur in the late Fall or early Winter quarters. Interviews will be occur via virtual/remote technology.

Will this affect financial aid?

The launch date delay ensures that the availability of financial aid will not be affected. Master’s degree approval is a key requirement necessary to offer financial aid funds and services. The Program reminds applicants to submit their FAFSA applications between October and March to ensure their financial aid packages can be prepared expeditiously should they be offered a seat in the inaugural cohort. Apply here: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.

Will this change affect other elements of the Program?

Given the Program’s significant institutional support, the Program does not anticipate any difficulties. The proposed curriculum, policies, and clinical training agreements related to the Program’s operation are unlikely to be affected.

Edited by mbeanz99
  • Like 1

I paid for the secondary and received the refund back! But someone mentioned there were 6 questions, where exactly were they?

I didn't see anything at CASAP and during secondary application, they only asked for payment and no questions.

Did you guys receive any email with a link to secondary questions? 

Edited by Piku30

24 minutes ago, Piku30 said:

I paid for the secondary and received the refund back! But someone mentioned there were 6 questions, where exactly were they?

I didn't see anything at CASAP and during secondary application, they only asked for payment and no questions.

Did you guys receive any email with a link to secondary questions? 

Yes, I got an email receipt after I paid with subject "Thank you for your UCSD Atkinson Physician Assistant Education Program Admissions Secondary Application payment." and it had a link on the bottom to a Qualtrics form with the questions. 

23 minutes ago, BAYprePA said:

Yes, I got an email receipt after I paid with subject "Thank you for your UCSD Atkinson Physician Assistant Education Program Admissions Secondary Application payment." and it had a link on the bottom to a Qualtrics form with the questions. 

thank you for responding.

Are you talking about the highlighted link below? 
image.thumb.png.27da0b03981641a2b173d3df8e404263.png

• 3 months later...