3 minutes ago, Prepak11 said:

I got a call about an interview for Aug 24th! 

Congrats!! When did you submit? 

Edited by CalBears

5 hours ago, Prepak11 said:

Congrats on the invite! Do you mind sharing your stats? Are you a California resident?

• Like 1

Also received a call for an interview invite on 8/24!
Stats:

sGPA 3.64

oGPA 3.79

3,000 hrs as ER scribe, 650 as a CNA at a SNF.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:26 AM, Prepak11 said:

I have the same interview date! What do you think "basic math" entails. I am a little nervous for that!

52 minutes ago, kirvine said:

I have the same interview date! What do you think "basic math" entails. I am a little nervous for that!

I did some research on the forum from last year and it sounds like it's medication dosages. So if it's 1g/10ml and you want to give the patient 5g, how many ml is that? 

• Like 2

Congratulations for anyone who interviewed on the 24th! I was wondering if you could give any insight into the interview (what type of interview it was like MMI, Group, Individual) and provide any tips. 

Any info is greatly appreciated!

23 minutes ago, californiahopefulpa said:

Congrats!! What are your stats if you don’t need mind sharing and when did you apply? 

Thank you!! ?

My sGPA was 3.65 and my cGPA: 3.7. ~4,200 hours working as a medical assistant in a derm office. I'm originally from the area as well which probably helps too. I submitted my application July 13th 

18 minutes ago, ksandoval said:

Thank you!! ?

My sGPA was 3.65 and my cGPA: 3.7. ~4,200 hours working as a medical assistant in a derm office. I'm originally from the area as well which probably helps too. I submitted my application July 13th 

Your stats are awesome! Good luck on the interview!

Did anyone ever receive an email that their application was complete and under review?

Submitted everything early June, but never got a confirmation email after the "additional questionares"

8 minutes ago, LeBronisGOAT said:

Did anyone ever receive an email that their application was complete and under review?

Submitted everything early June, but never got a confirmation email after the "additional questionares"

I haven’t  received anything and i even called to check on my app and they said they had made a decision and i would find out within the next couple of weeks which makes me nervous that it is a rejection 

Received an interview invite for September 7th! So excited...Good luck to everyone! 

If anyone has any other insight about the interview process other than what was listed above, I would love to learn more! 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By htb13a
      Hello, all. Starting this so that there is a thread going. Hope I'm doing this right! Good luck everyone!
    • By ttusk
      Received my first job offer today.  Would like some input as to my compensation package!  Thank y'all in advance for your feedback!
      Practice: working closely with one physician, mostly surgical FA with pre and post op care, some wound care that requires travel, and some work in the cosmetic clinic; currently projected at a 6 month intensive training period but physician is open to tailor it based upon my progression
      Salary: $95k for the first year with government standard mileage if I'm doing house calls or traveling between clinics, no guarenteed raise that I'm aware of, opportunity to restructure to base + % of collections once I'm productive, no salary cap
      Hours: likely 50+ hours/week based upon what current PA works, will take call and round on hospital patients on the weekends but am able to request some weekends off if I feel that I need some free time (physician states they may consider splitting call and rounding between myself and the current PA)
      Benefits: 3 month probationary period, 401K with match, health insurance (HSA) with 3600/year employer contribution, 10 days ETO for the first year that I begin accruing day 1 but cannot use until after probabtion, I will be added to the practice's existing malpractice policy +/- tail coverage, medical center parking covered by employer
      No CME allowance or dedicated time off for CME (expected to go to affiliated hospital for free CME or request employer to pay for CME on a case by case basis)
      DEA required but not paid for by employer.
      State license and associated fees not paid for by employer.
      I'm not so sure the physician is open to negotiations on this contract.  May possibly increase my salary if I give up some benefits.  PA that currently works for physician says the physician is a fantastic educator and states I will learn an enormous amount. 
      My dilemma is that my salary seems far below average/median salary for new grad California PAs (115k based off AAPA salary report), however, this offer is on par with 0 to 1 year experience plastics PA salaries reported in the AAPA salary report, though the statistical population is very small (n=7). I know plastics is hard to break into as a new grad and the experience I would gain is invaluable but given LA has such a high cost of living, I wonder if I should hold out until another job offer with higher pay comes around.  It seems very possible that my salary may increase rapidly after the first year if I truly put in the work but that hasn't been directly stated.
    • By ChowdaHead
      https://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/actspar

Wondering if anyone has any experience/information/thoughts UCSF Fresno, specifically this ACS/Trauma Surgery Residency. Considering relocating for the opportunity. New grad, I liked what I saw during the visit. Not looking for some one to make a decision for me, but any information would be great. 
      Thanks
    • By Bananataters
      Hello Everyone,

St. John's just sent their supps out so we can finally start completing our applications.  Best of luck to everyone.  
    • By golfpa
      Just wanted to start a thread for this upcoming year!
      Verified 6/7...
      CGPA- 3.83
      SGPA-3.84
      Patient Care - 1300 (EMT) , 150 ( voulenteer pt aid)
      5 letters of rec
      Good luck

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More