University of Oklahoma 2018-2019 Applicants

2 hours ago, okiepa-s said:

@zoltman and @han2018

Since you guys still have time before the 10/1/18 deadline, I would definitely try to re-submit your resume in the correct format. It's possible that your application would be considered incomplete otherwise, and if that is the case, it won't even be reviewed. Try contact the Admissions office for further guidance!

Unfortunately you cannot update that portion of the CASPA app!

When I emailed them they responded with "If contacted for an interview you can bring the updated resume in our template.  We will not select interviews based on this."

Sooo we should all be good!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! 

So I applied and have everything taken care of but I am super nervous about whether or not my one class meets their prereq standards. I took statistics in college and aggressively avoided algebra or any other math class. Does anyone know if STAT qualifies for their math prereq or am I totally done for?

also, Pennsylvania applicant here!

Best of luck to everyone!

8 hours ago, Hailstorm1023 said:

Hey everyone! 

So I applied and have everything taken care of but I am super nervous about whether or not my one class meets their prereq standards. I took statistics in college and aggressively avoided algebra or any other math class. Does anyone know if STAT qualifies for their math prereq or am I totally done for?

also, Pennsylvania applicant here!

Best of luck to everyone!

They specifically state "College Algebra or Higher" on the prerequisite list so it would be safe to assume your stats class will not suffice. I wouldn't worry though, you can still have several prereqs (one science, one non-science) in progress before you matriculate assuming you get an interview and are accepted into the program.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 3:43 PM, pfeifertrpa said:

Just that they received my application and they’ll let me know something by the end of November. That’s about it. You? 

Did you reach out to them or did they send you an email? Submitted my apps to OU-OKC as well as OU-Tulsa but only got the "received your application" from OU-Tulsa 

1 minute ago, abbykuch said:

Did you reach out to them or did they send you an email? Submitted my apps to OU-OKC as well as OU-Tulsa but only got the "received your application" from OU-Tulsa 

Nope. They just emailed me on Sept. 25th saying: “Thank you for applying to the OU Tulsa PA program. We are in the process of reviewing the applications and will be sending out invitations to interview at the end of November. Those applicants who are selected for an interview will receive an email through CASPA. We plan to interview the first week of January.”

Haven’t heard anything from OKC though. I applied to both as well. 

1 minute ago, pfeifertrpa said:

Nope. They just emailed me on Sept. 25th saying: “Thank you for applying to the OU Tulsa PA program. We are in the process of reviewing the applications and will be sending out invitations to interview at the end of November. Those applicants who are selected for an interview will receive an email through CASPA. We plan to interview the first week of January.”

Haven’t heard anything from OKC though. I applied to both as well. 

Ok sweet same. From what I've seen it looks like we won't hear from OKC until ~early Nov when they call with interviews. Fingers crossed though!

• 2 weeks later...

Attended their advisement session yesterday. They are still deciding on their selection criteria for choosing candidates for interview. Admission director said her target is to invite people before Thanksgiving break, interviews are from Jan 2-7. They received 850 applications this year, 150 will be invited for the interview for 50 spots. Also, their program director is now Prof. Yozzo.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3