University of Oklahoma 2018-2019 Applicants

8 minutes ago, sueprepa said:

From Jami- The faculty had a meeting yesterday from 1-until close and were unable to make all the calls. They are going to try to make some more today but if they do not get to everyone, the portal will update at midnight regardless. 

What’s the postal for the OKC program? Or is it the same as the Tulsa program?

2 hours ago, Ctyner6765 said:

Those that have gotten calls, what did they tell you on when emails would go out and how to pay the deposit? I got accepted but was to excited and forgot what they told me yesterday. 

SAME. I pretty much blanked on what was said after I was told that I was accepted!! Would love to know as well.

3 hours ago, Ctyner6765 said:

Those that have gotten calls, what did they tell you on when emails would go out and how to pay the deposit? I got accepted but was to excited and forgot what they told me yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Madough said:

SAME. I pretty much blanked on what was said after I was told that I was accepted!! Would love to know as well.

Same thing happened to me! So many emotions went through my head where I could not think straight. They just said sometime this week I would receive a packet in the mail is all they said! If anyone else has any more specific details, please share!!

I too received an acceptance call yesterday around noon from Dr. O'Donoghue! Looking forward to meeting you all in a few months!! 🙂

**** As for any additional information that I got from the phone call, I just know that they will mail us an information package from what I remembered!

Edited by mtngu
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, CanIBeAPaPlz said:

Anyone think they would disclose rank on the waitlist? 😅

I hope so.…..let me know if you call and they tell you cause I would like to know too...I wonder how many they waitlisted?  Did they just waitlist everyone or did some folks get 'Thank you but not this year' letters?

Hi there-- just a general response to questions about acceptance and what not. 

This was my 3rd time applying and was accepted! I am pretty stoked, for sure. It's been a ride.

My first time, I still had an outstanding pre-req and minimal health care experience.  That year I did receive an interview; however I also did receive a straight up denied letter. (So yes, they do send out other than waitlist...as long as it is similar to a few years ago.) 

Second year, I had all my pre-reqs done, and some more health care experience.  That year, I received an interview and put on the waitlist. (From my experience, no, they don't reveal where you are on the list.  Furthermore, someone recommended to me that you can always write to them and express your continued interest so that they know you are still interested if someone happens to back out.) 

This time, I had all pre-reqs done still ( 🙂 ) plus a few extra required for other programs and had even more health care experience.  I didn't have an exorbitant amount of hours; however it was varied.  For anyone who did not get accepted this year and is still interested, I'd definitely recommend a Scribe position if you can secure one.  Check in to a company called Proscribe--they are around the OKC area.  (And others) Being a scribe, even if for only a few months is an invaluable experience.  

Congrats to people who got in on your first go round! That's awesome.  And, congrats to those who got in on their 2nd or more time! And congratulations to everyone who was selected for an interview.  That is an accomplishment in itself.  And, congratulations for even taking a chance to apply! Well done.

All that is to say is, if you didn't get accepted this time or are on the waitlist, stay encouraged! Reflect on what can be improved on your resume...volunteer hours? shadowing? HCE? additional classes? ...but more importantly reflect your motivations for wanting to attend PA school and ultimately practicing as a PA.  Do you want it? Do you believe you can? Are you willing to do the work necessary to get there? Really look and see where you are.  If you are there, wonderful, when the time is right, you will get a chance. If you aren't there, and you want to be there-- if you're the praying type, always pray about it-- if not, see where or what you need to do to change your mind and heart to be on board.  If you aren't really sure and not sure if you want it or not, no worries--look at your heart, see what you feel inspired to do.  Perhaps it is becoming a PA, perhaps not.  Again, if so-- try to get your whole self on board, and Just BE YOURSELF in the interview and with the statement. If you didn't get in this time, at least now you have a general idea of what the questions will be and how things work.  (The first couple times, I wasn't really sure I wanted it, I didn't know if I was doing this for someone else or for myself, and I wrote what I thought they wanted to hear.  Third time, I was on board. I felt confident. I was myself and authentic.) 

If you decide that you want to pursue something else at this time, that's great too! There are many noble professions--and of course what really matters is doing your best to be yourself and learning more and more about what that means...and doing your best to show and share love and light however you can in whatever it is you pursue.  

When it's right, it's right. When it's not, it's not.

Anyway-- stay sharp, be well, and Congratulations! ALL y'All! 😃 

keep on keepin on! 

Peace-

• Like 10