out of state job offer

Have moved onto my 3rd job offer a as new grad. The only downfall is no health insurance offered since it's a small privately owned newer urgent care. Maybe I can get some experience and take some time before settling into something that checks ALL the boxes? Everything is ok about it: hours, pay, closed holidays, extra flat rate for each shift beyond the 3-12's a week, CME, PTO, malpractice covered. And it's in the area of Florida we've been hoping to relocate to. I feel like it might not be that big of deal to cover my own health insurance (individual plan) for a couple-few years. Knock on wood, I'm healthy and it's solo coverage! Any comments, thoughts on that? 

It is just something you have to calculate as if it were money. How much will coverage cost you that would normally be subsidized by your employer? It varies a lot but the last private place I was employed by was dropping $1400/month per employee for mediocre health insurance. That isn't insignificant money.

On the upside you can choose a plan that meets your needs without being in one that has to meet everyone's needs.

Currently buying Health ins on open market through ACA...all that is available.  $1200/month for Me, wife and one kid.  This for BCBS worst HMO plan.  $7k per person ind deductible and almost $15k per year family deductible.  It essentially makes us cash payers with a catastrophic plan.  Just fyi.

p.s. This is for 2018

Archived