Hi there,

I am currently a student on my surgery rotation and have been precepted by a surgeon whom I used to work with before PA school. My preceptor has been actively seeking a PA for a while and it seems like the hospital is finally approving the position. I am meeting someone to discuss specific for the role and a quasi-interview soon and would love some input. 

What would be a reasonable salary (for both part time and full time) for a plastics PA who does a little bit of clinic hours (debridement's and follow ups), inpatient rounding, and being first assist in the OR? 

Would really appreciate any advice moving forward as a new grad seeking their first job. THANKS

Salaries for that position depend on amount of hospital and clinic time, hours of call, etc.

The more call, the more $. If it is max 40 hrs/week without call I imagine 115k or so would be fair for a new grad. 

Certainly ask for full medical/dental/vision/cme/retirement/dea/licensing/malpractice/etc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EMEDPA said:

Salaries for that position depend on amount of hospital and clinic time, hours of call, etc.

The more call, the more $. If it is max 40 hrs/week without call I imagine 115k or so would be fair for a new grad. 

Certainly ask for full medical/dental/vision/cme/retirement/dea/licensing/malpractice/etc

Spot on.

https://www.salary.com/tools/salary-calculator/physician-assistant-surgical/boston-ma