TENNESSEE: Lipscomb University 2017-2018

I also interviewed March 1 and haven’t received anything. I emailed Ms. Humphreys today and she stated the acceptance committee is working to have all offers out and to discuss acceptance with those on hold by mid-April. So it may be a little bit. Was thinking we would receive an email stating we weren’t accepted or something, though. Any thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, Tyler514063 said:

I also interviewed March 1 and haven’t received anything. I emailed Ms. Humphreys today and she stated the acceptance committee is working to have all offers out and to discuss acceptance with those on hold by mid-April. So it may be a little bit. Was thinking we would receive an email stating we weren’t accepted or something, though. Any thoughts? 

I also interviewed in January and have only received two high hold emails. It is possible for students to withdrawl their seat as PA school is so competitive and they may get into their 1st choice during April or May. I noticed many of the students at my interview said that they did not choose Lipscomb as their first but were desperate to get into a school. 

That's my biggest fear Tyler!  Agh!  I hope that's not the case.  I prefer to think it's because they are still discussing our status because we're super awesome and it's too hard to choose ? A friend of mine that interviewed in early Feb is on high hold with them and has received 2 emails total from them.  His first high hold email came within a week after his interview.  

Yes, I’m trying to stay positive. I did see someone mentioned there are 30 students on the Facebook page, so that’s a little discouraging. However, it is very difficult to gauge, as some accepted students may withdraw and choose a different school in the meantime. It’s bad for the nerves, that’s for sure. A courtesy email would be appreciated to those who have not received one yet, though :) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tyler514063 said:

Yes, I’m trying to stay positive. I did see someone mentioned there are 30 students on the Facebook page, so that’s a little discouraging. However, it is very difficult to gauge, as some accepted students may withdraw and choose a different school in the meantime. It’s bad for the nerves, that’s for sure. A courtesy email would be appreciated to those who have not received one yet, though :) 

I'm sure that it's really hard for the committee to choose! I'm currently on four different waitlists so the scenario of people choosing a different program is probably likely. Although, I must say while I just attended Lipscomb's interview because I had not gotten in to a program yet, my opinion completely changed after the interview. I found that their interview and program was so well put together and I was so impressed. Lipscomb honestly equally compared to two other PA schools I interviewed at that are highly ranked.  I also interviewed at another developing program due to location and found that Lipscomb was far superior in every aspect. If I do get off a waitlist and choose to go to a different school it will definitely be due to location and the fact that the others start in May/June. I just wanted to say that because I don't want it to seem like Lipscomb is a last resort for me because it's definitely not! And I hope that other people who have and will be accepted can say the same.

3 hours ago, Almortega said:

I'm sure that it's really hard for the committee to choose! I'm currently on four different waitlists so the scenario of people choosing a different program is probably likely. Although, I must say while I just attended Lipscomb's interview because I had not gotten in to a program yet, my opinion completely changed after the interview. I found that their interview and program was so well put together and I was so impressed. Lipscomb honestly equally compared to two other PA schools I interviewed at that are highly ranked.  I also interviewed at another developing program due to location and found that Lipscomb was far superior in every aspect. If I do get off a waitlist and choose to go to a different school it will definitely be due to location and the fact that the others start in May/June. I just wanted to say that because I don't want it to seem like Lipscomb is a last resort for me because it's definitely not! And I hope that other people who have and will be accepted can say the same.

I just interviewed on the 8th and fell in love with their program, so it’s nice to know others appreciate it as much as I did, but also nice to know there are some spots that may open due to circumstances. I’m hoping to hear back good news, but at this point I would be super happy even to get on the waitlist as this is my dream program. 

I feel the same way about the program Lipscomb is developing.  I didn't have a lot of expectations going into the interview but definitely was going to compare it to the interview I had just prior.  I was completely dumbfounded by how amazing their program is, the extremely equipped facilities they provide, and how warm and genuine their faculty and staff are.  My husband and I would sell our house in CA and move across the country for this program.  It's going to be THAT good.  I pray I get in!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tyler514063 said:

So if we haven’t received any email, does that mean we aren’t even on the “high-hold” list? Or are they going to send those out in April too?

19 hours ago, Mirhan said:

is anyone who got accepted  is missing prerequisites? 

I was told I was the first person accepted (the first person to be called anyway) and I was missing Anatomy and Physiology 2. I am currently taking the class and was required to have a C or better which should be no problem. Hope this helps. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, Almortega said:

I count 11 on the Facebook page for a class of 35-40 students. I bet they are going to leave spots open for the March 1st interview, they definitely made it clear at my interview that they want to view all the candidates before filling up their class. Also there’s only like 13 people that interview each day. Usually if a school is interviewing for waitlist spots they will let you know but if it worries you I would contact Aven Humphreys. She’s super nice and I’m sure she will be straight forward with you about the interview process. 

Where is this Facebook page?  Can you send me the link or the exact name?  I cannot find any pages that are for the PA school that have more than 3 people in one case and 4 people in the other case.  I have messaged several people on those pages and none has actually been accepted yet. 

Where is this Facebook page?  Can you send me the link or the exact name?  I cannot find any pages that are for the PA school that have more than 3 people in one case and 4 people in the other case.  I have messaged several people on those pages and none has actually been accepted yet. 

Have you been accepted? If so you will be contacted by aven and she will give you the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bonist55 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the status of the ARC-PA review?  I really hope everything went well.  They seemed very prepared and confident that all would go well.

I don’t think the review is until June, they at my interview  said it was originally going to be in March but the arc pa moved it to June because the program doesn’t start until October. Did they tell you something different?