TENNESSEE: Lipscomb University 2017-2018

1 hour ago, Tyler514063 said:

Anyone know how many applicants they are accepting into the program? I recieved my interview email Friday and scheduled it for March 1. Just wondering if there will be any open spots still available in the program (seeing lots of acceptance into the program so far on here). Congrats, by the way :) 

They are admitting 35-40 students! There’s only been two acceptances on here so far and probably a couple of more people but defiantly not the majority of people I’m sure there will be spots open for the March interview 

On 1/14/2018 at 1:34 AM, Tyler514063 said:

Anyone know how many applicants they are accepting into the program? I recieved my interview email Friday and scheduled it for March 1. Just wondering if there will be any open spots still available in the program (seeing lots of acceptance into the program so far on here). Congrats, by the way :) 

When did you submit your application?

22 minutes ago, KindnessMatters said:

I second this! Any tips for the interview? I'm glad it seems like the interviews are after the tour so we have some time to warm up to the school. 

So you are actually split into two groups. One group interviews while the other tours and then they switch. There is also a 30 minutes essay with the group that is touring. There is a long presentation about Lipscomb and tuition in the morning so that should give you time to warm-up to the school. They are so so nice so you probably do not need to tour first to feel welcomed at Lipsomb.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Almortega said:

So you are actually split into two groups. One group interviews while the other tours and then they switch. There is also a 30 minutes essay with the group that is touring. There is a long presentation about Lipscomb and tuition in the morning so that should give you time to warm-up to the school. They are so so nice so you probably do not need to tour first to feel welcomed at Lipsomb.

Thank you! I’m nervous as this is my first interview. Should I be prepared for questions other than about my resume? 

12 hours ago, ERPA19 said:

In the January 11th interview they had said something about emailing everyone who came. For those who attended the January 3rd interview, did you receive an email after the interview? 

I never received an email after the interview, I only received a call saying that I was accepted. The interview is very relaxed and all the faculty are extremely nice. 

42 minutes ago, NatePA said:

I never received an email after the interview, I only received a call saying that I was accepted. The interview is very relaxed and all the faculty are extremely nice. 

Thanks for all the tips, dude. Is a suit too formal? Like I said, this is my first interview so I’m probably overthinking everything. 

6 minutes ago, KindnessMatters said:

Yeah, girls and guys should wear suits. PA school interviews are all business formal! 

Ya their dress code is business casual so dressing as nice as possible would help! For girls don’t feel like you have to wear a suit, I wore a dress, received a compliment from a faculty member and got in, so just as long as you are professional looking. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Almortega said:

Ya their dress code is business casual so dressing as nice as possible would help! For girls don’t feel like you have to wear a suit, I wore a dress, received a compliment from a faculty member and got in, so just as long as you are professional looking. 

Really? You think a professional dress and blazer over would be okay for Lipscomb? Thanks for all your tips by the way and congrats on your acceptance :)

24 minutes ago, KindnessMatters said:

Really? You think a professional dress and blazer over would be okay for Lipscomb? Thanks for all your tips by the way and congrats on your acceptance :)

Yes! That’s exactly what I did and it was totally fine. The female faculty were also dressed the same way as I was if that helps at all.  And no problem I’m happy to help! :) 

7 minutes ago, mg023 said:

Congrats!! What’re your stats, if you don’t mind sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure! 3.75 GPA, 3.68 sGPA (graduating May 2018), ~1000 hrs EMT, ~150 hrs Physical Therapy volunteer, ~450 hrs Biology TA, ~250 hrs research! Also had 48 hours shadowing PAs