TENNESSEE: Lipscomb University 2017-2018

I applied about a week ago and just got an interview invite for March 1.  Looking forward to it!  I'm coming all the way from Sacramento, CA.  Any recommendations on where to stay and things to do in the area?  Also, if anyone can provide a general idea of what time the interview day concludes that would be greatly appreciated so I can start booking flights! Thanks in advance!

On 1/16/2018 at 0:04 PM, Almortega said:

So you are actually split into two groups. One group interviews while the other tours and then they switch. There is also a 30 minutes essay with the group that is touring. There is a long presentation about Lipscomb and tuition in the morning so that should give you time to warm-up to the school. They are so so nice so you probably do not need to tour first to feel welcomed at Lipsomb.

Can you give us an idea of the essay topic?? 

18 minutes ago, PADreaming23 said:

Honestly, you have way more information about the interview than anyone who actually went.  If you have an interview you have what it takes to make it through the interview. It’s really not fair to ask for information that other people that are trying to get in don’t have. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Pa315 said:

Honestly, you have way more information about the interview than anyone who actually went.  If you have an interview you have what it takes to make it through the interview. It’s really not fair to ask for information that other people that are trying to get in don’t have. 

You’re right, my apologies.

1 hour ago, Pa315 said:

Thank you for saying this.  I don't think it's good sportsmanship to share interview information.  However, it IS good sportsmanship to share the general itinerary info (like what time we can expect the day to be over) so students flying in can purchase their flights early ?

1 hour ago, PADreaming23 said:

It’s definately not ethical for me to disclose the essay topic. However, I was told by someone that PA interview essays are really just there to make sure that you are able to write. Especially since lipscomb did not ask for the GRE, they don’t have a writing score that they can compare your personal statement to. Schools have no way of knowing if an applicant wrote their own personal statement and the standard 30 minute essay is really a good marker for that. 

1 minute ago, Almortega said:

It’s definately not ethical for me to disclose the essay topic. However, I was told by someone that PA interview essays are really just there to make sure that you are able to write. Especially since lipscomb did not ask for the GRE, they don’t have a writing score that they can compare your personal statement to. Schools have no way of knowing if an applicant wrote their own personal statement and the standard 30 minute essay is really a good marker for that. 

1 minute ago, Almortega said:

Thank you for that insight. I appreciate you taking the time to explain the reason for the essay. I apologize for putting you in a position to answer a question that I should have never asked. Have a great day and congratulations on your acceptance 

8 minutes ago, Bonist55 said:

Thank you for saying this.  I don't think it's good sportsmanship to share interview information.  However, it IS good sportsmanship to share the general itinerary info (like what time we can expect the day to be over) so students flying in can purchase their flights early ?

Also I’m just disclosing information that I think is ethical to disclose meaning nothing that will affect the way you interview. Also please do not look at the PA interview as a competition, it’s really unhealthy to do so. Lipscomb is really looking for people who are a good fit for their programs. Their decision goes beyond the interview day as well, meaning they will incorporate your entire application. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2018 at 5:35 PM, Dpatel123 said:

I did! I got a email saying I am a strong candidate for the program but can't let you know if you will be accepted until a few weeks. 

@Dpatel123 do you think it is automated? I got the same email. I really wanted to get into this program, but didnt want to get my hopes up from the tone of the email. 

1 hour ago, Bonist55 said:

Have you received the itinerary?  Can you provide the start and end time of the day?

It looks like 8am-2:30pm. This is directly from the interview info email they sent out:

"Check-in for the day begins at 8 am Central Time. We will offer a light continental breakfast and the day will include a welcome session, information on financial aid, program information, faculty interviews, a tour, etc. You will receive a personalized schedule of the day in your welcome folder. The day concludes with lunch where you may ask any remaining questions of our faculty and staff. You can expect to depart campus by 2:30 pm." 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, m1993 said:

Hi everyone! I’m a little late, but I just applied on Friday. Hoping there is still some available spots for an interview! I was wondering if most of you received this email?? 

C4B006B3-C85C-4446-B787-6E43C612FBD1.jpeg

Yes, I received this email and got an interview offer less than a week after that email.  Lipscomb works quickly so keep an eye on your email.  Best of luck!

• Upvote 1