TENNESSEE: Lipscomb University 2017-2018

4 hours ago, 531mja said:

I applied to the program on 12/15/17 and received an interview to invite on 12/19/17. The only option left at the time was the March 1, 2018 interview date. Does anyone know how many total have been accepted (via Facebook page or by other means) thus far? And how many interviews are left other than 2/15? I'm concerned about interviewing for a waitlist as opposed to class seats because I am traveling from New Jersey :/

I count 11 on the Facebook page for a class of 35-40 students. I bet they are going to leave spots open for the March 1st interview, they definitely made it clear at my interview that they want to view all the candidates before filling up their class. Also there’s only like 13 people that interview each day. Usually if a school is interviewing for waitlist spots they will let you know but if it worries you I would contact Aven Humphreys. She’s super nice and I’m sure she will be straight forward with you about the interview process. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, KyJord said:

I hope not! I think I am going to email Ms. Aven tomorrow afternoon if we still haven't heard anything and see what she says.

Please let me know what she says! I have to retake the GRE if im not accepted in. The last day available is Monday so im very anxious.

15 minutes ago, KindnessMatters said:

Oh no, is this for applying next cycle? You don't think you can take the GRE in the next few months before the application opens for 2019?

It is for this cycle. Deadline is March 1st and it takes two weeks to get scores. I spoke with the director at another college and said if I scored one point higher I could have an interview. Lipscomb is my #1 but I know its super competitive and didnt want to apply to only one school. 

19 minutes ago, ERPA19 said:

It is for this cycle. Deadline is March 1st and it takes two weeks to get scores. I spoke with the director at another college and said if I scored one point higher I could have an interview. Lipscomb is my #1 but I know its super competitive and didnt want to apply to only one school. 

Oh man, that's super stressful...I wish you the best of luck!

19 hours ago, Almortega said:

I count 11 on the Facebook page for a class of 35-40 students. I bet they are going to leave spots open for the March 1st interview, they definitely made it clear at my interview that they want to view all the candidates before filling up their class. Also there’s only like 13 people that interview each day. Usually if a school is interviewing for waitlist spots they will let you know but if it worries you I would contact Aven Humphreys. She’s super nice and I’m sure she will be straight forward with you about the interview process. 

That was very insightful, thank you for taking the time to answer that! I won't bother her since they made it so clear at your interview - I wasn't sure if they had mentioned it. Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, KyJord said:

So sorry, I've been busy working a cheer competition! They actually sent me an email saying that I was put on the high hold list until they get through a few more interview sessions. 

No problem at all! I’m sorry if I sounded rude. I believe a few have gotten that email. Hopefully that means you get accepted in soon!