TENNESSEE: Lipscomb University 2017-2018

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, prepa1212 said:

Hi everyone, I know the app is due March 1 but do you think it is too late to apply in this cycle? Should I email them and ask for advise? I also feel I'm at a disadvantage since it's a Christian school and that's not what I practice. Any advice would be appreciated!

I would definitely contact the school and ask. I’m sure they will be very honest with you about this. It is quite late though. There is already 20+ accepted and they are looking for a class of 40. I believe they are scheduled for some early March interviews but that’s all I know. They are really good at reviewing applications fast. Also they only require the caspa so you don’t have to pay for a gre or supplemental. Also they don’t care what religion you are, they will not ask so I don’t see your religion playing a part in whether you asked for an interview or not. Their  core education values come from the Christian faith but in no way are they partial to Christianity in their student body. 

9 hours ago, Almortega said:

I would definitely contact the school and ask. I’m sure they will be very honest with you about this. It is quite late though. There is already 20+ accepted and they are looking for a class of 40. I believe they are scheduled for some early March interviews but that’s all I know. They are really good at reviewing applications fast. Also they only require the caspa so you don’t have to pay for a gre or supplemental. Also they don’t care what religion you are, they will not ask so I don’t see your religion playing a part in whether you asked for an interview or not. Their  core education values come from the Christian faith but in no way are they partial to Christianity in their student body. 

Thank you for replying. I just emailed them, hoping to get a response soon. 

Hello everyone! I’m coming for an interview this week and am flying in Wednesday and leaving Friday. If anyone is going to be around Wednesday or Thursday night and wants to explore Nashville with me let me know. I’m coming from Chicago and don’t know too much about Nashville so some company would be greatly appreciated. 

On 3/2/2018 at 11:12 AM, 531mja said:

Hi! If they don't mind, can someone who has been accepted share their stats?

Stats - 3.53 GPA , worked consistently during undergrad, over 2500 patient care hours, 307 GRE, 3.29 sGpA, double major Biochemistry/Spanish, surgical internship in Costa Rica added to patient hours, lots of volunteering, taught karate for underprivileged kids, currently working in patient care at a hospital.

hey guys,
I've been accepted to couple other programs but I really would like to go to Lipscomb. They put me on high-hold status while there is still seats available. Has anybody been accepted to the program? 

Yes I have been accepted along with around 25 other people but there still seems to be 10+ seats available just going off of the Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Almortega said:

Yes I have been accepted along with around 25 other people but there still seems to be 10+ seats available just going off of the Facebook page.

Do you know anything about the 2019 Cohort? I saw on their website that they are still having the two classes. Posted March 5, 2018 on myLipscomb. 

Do you know anything about the 2019 Cohort? I saw on their website that they are still having the two classes. Posted March 5, 2018 on myLipscomb. 

At my interview we were told that they are not having a winter start cohort. They originally wanted to do that but they said they really want to focus on our class so that they can make the program the best it can be and then they might do a duel start program in the future.

6 minutes ago, Almortega said:

At my interview we were told that they are not having a winter start cohort. They originally wanted to do that but they said they really want to focus on our class so that they can make the program the best it can be and then they might do a duel start program in the future.

https://www.lipscomb.edu/news/archive/detail/5/32116

Hmm...strange. This is the article I read. 

https://www.lipscomb.edu/news/archive/detail/5/32116

Hmm...strange. This is the article I read. 

Oh wow that is very weird. I wonder if there was a miscommunication between the author and the program? But then again I interviewed back in early January so it’s possible they changed their minds! If you email aven Humphrey’s she will have an answer for you she’s super nice and will not mind at all. I can also ask the Facebook group and aven will answer!

7 minutes ago, BearsEatBeets said:

Hey everyone! I just received an acceptance call this morning. I interviewed on March 1st. I never knew a heart could feel so happy. Can't wait to meet my future classmates (:

Yay!  Congrats!  I interviewed March 1 as well.  Where are you from?  I'm the girl from Cali.

16 minutes ago, BearsEatBeets said:

Hey everyone! I just received an acceptance call this morning. I interviewed on March 1st. I never knew a heart could feel so happy. Can't wait to meet my future classmates (:

Congrats! That's exciting news! You'll be able to start meeting everyone once you get the facebook group link from Aven!!

19 minutes ago, BearsEatBeets said:

Also did they say anything about a January cohort at your interview? That was a discussion we had last night and i'm curious to know if they have changed their minds.