2017-18 Application Cycle

If you haven't heard back yet, I wouldn't worry too much.  According to a current student, at least half of the people in her class found out only a week or two before the interview.  The program has apparently had a lot of faculty turn around  lately which would also explain the lateness.  I interviewed last year and didn't get in, and I still haven't heard anything yet either! Keeping fingers crossed!!

• Upvote 2

Last year I had a near 4.0 and only 50 Patient contact hours and did not receive an interview invite. This year I have around 900 hours and a slightly lower GPA and was fortunate enough to receive an invite this time. I was hoping they did multiple rounds of interview invites last year but they never did (as far as I can remember). It seemed like they all came on one day and then of course interviews span only a week. Hope this helps!!

Seems like they must care a lot about experience. my stats aren't great, 3.4 GPA, 3.3 sGPA, 297 GRE (didn't have time to study before submitting)... retook it after submission date & made 301, but I doubt they took the 2nd score into consideration. My only saving grace was that I've been a registered nurse for 3+ years. but according to last year's thread, some people did receive invites after the initial invites went out - so hang in there!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, megrara10 said:

Also, for those who did get invites for interviews, can you share your stats?

Interviewing Nov 6 in the am! Undergrad GPA 3.97 Science GPA 3.99 PCE ~6000 hours as an MA in a family practice clinic GRE: V- 167 (98%) Q-167 (93%) W- 5.0 (93%), 40 hrs shadowing, about 200hrs volunteering

• Upvote 1