UTSW 2017-2018 Application Cycle/Interview Dates

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I still haven't heard anything.  I called the office on Monday and they told me that they were still sending out decisions this week, but from the looks of things most of y'all have heard back at this point.  anyone have any idea what that could mean?  I feel like they are done making acceptance calls but I did not receive an email in the batch of rejections or waitlists... 

1 hour ago, wannabpa123 said:

so I still haven't heard anything.  I called the office on Monday and they told me that they were still sending out decisions this week, but from the looks of things most of y'all have heard back at this point.  anyone have any idea what that could mean?  I feel like they are done making acceptance calls but I did not receive an email in the batch of rejections or waitlists... 

I wouldn't maybe take that as a good thing...? I know they try to call everyone that they want to accept and the waitlist/rejections come as an email so I would be hopeful about it! I do know a girl who never got the call but got an acceptance email. it's hard to say though.. and the wait is the hardest part :( I'm hoping good news for you! 

7 hours ago, babyPA said:

I wouldn't maybe take that as a good thing...? I know they try to call everyone that they want to accept and the waitlist/rejections come as an email so I would be hopeful about it! I do know a girl who never got the call but got an acceptance email. it's hard to say though.. and the wait is the hardest part :( I'm hoping good news for you! 

thanks!! ugh my fingers are crossed, UTSW is literally my dream school but I am super lucky to have another offer if it doesn't work out.  please let me know when you get your offer via email so I can be on the look out. thanks for your help, the wait is killing me

On 11/15/2017 at 9:18 AM, wannabpa123 said:

thanks!! ugh my fingers are crossed, UTSW is literally my dream school but I am super lucky to have another offer if it doesn't work out.  please let me know when you get your offer via email so I can be on the look out. thanks for your help, the wait is killing me

Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear soon!! Keep your head up! But also being on the list means a killer wait too haha. I was waiting till the day they started classes basically.

I feel like no news is good news. Last year it seemed like those who got rejections heard back before those on the alternate! Good luck! If it's meant to be it's meant to be because I think really all schools do a good job of picking people that would fit in well! Even a waitlist is good thing! And if you don't get in keep trying!! :) it'll be worth it.

9 hours ago, tx329 said:

Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear soon!! Keep your head up! But also being on the list means a killer wait too haha. I was waiting till the day they started classes basically.

I feel like no news is good news. Last year it seemed like those who got rejections heard back before those on the alternate! Good luck! If it's meant to be it's meant to be because I think really all schools do a good job of picking people that would fit in well! Even a waitlist is good thing! And if you don't get in keep trying!! :) it'll be worth it.

thanks!! I initially thought the same thing but ugh I am even more confused because they have already emailed a bunch of alternates/waitlists.  I think I will probably call again today just to make sure that I didn't miss anything (although they really didn't tell me anything when I called on Monday). 

thanks guys! finally got a waitlist email, but I don't think it's too promising. the waitlist email said to respond within a week so I have a feeling I am at the bottom of the waitlist below those who were offered a spot last week (basically I think I got a spot because someone else turned it down last week). oh well, glad I will still be attending school elsewhere, best of luck to y'all UTSW is amazing!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

If you are on the alternate list, UTSW has a rank for each of us. However, we have no way of telling where we fall on that list. Also I ran into a current UTSW PA student and he told me the class is already filled up. There is a possibility that some people may leave for another school so good luck to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 5:37 PM, umist0722 said:

For those accepted please share your stats? :)

Hey, sorry for a late reply! I was accepted to UTSW from the Sept 2017 round of interviews & was even one of the lucky few that got the call a few days later. In less than a month we will be starting school and I remember how nerve-wrecking the process was a year ago, so I thought I'd share. Here are my stats/ submission dates. 

Submitted: 6/21/2017

Verified: 6/26/17

GRE: Verbal 152, Quant 151, Writing 3.5

Cum GPA: 3.39

Science GPA: 3.51 

Experience: 2100 hours as a medical scribe/ clinical trainer

Volunteer: 325 volunteer hours both health care related and random volunteering

Shadowing: 240 hours shadowing a PA

Research: 150 hours, compensated organic chemistry research

4 letters of rec (physician I worked for, PA I shadowed, health professions advisor, professor I did research for)

As you can see I didn't have the most phenomenal GRE scores or GPA, so don't let that make you feel like you aren't a competitive applicant. Your experiences, letters of recommendation, and people skills are just as (if not more important) than those numbers. Of course personal statement is KEY as well. Huge tip is to apply early in the session as the quicker you apply the quicker they will review your app and send an interview invite. The seats fill up the interview sessions go as they accept about 10-15 per session so APPLY EARLY. I wish you all the best of luck in applying. Keep working hard and it will all pay off. 

• 3 months later...

For those of you that interviewed at UTSW, did anyone have to reschedule their inital interview date to a later date due to whatever reason? IF you did, did you get the impression it was counted against you in any way?

Also, did anyone reschedule and also get accepted. 

I have a wedding that I am attending in Florida during the weekend of the first round of interviews and I would like to reschedule if its not going to be counted against me. Any thoughts on this matter is appreciated. 

I did not personally reschedule my interview but I know people in my class who did (most common reason I've heard was already having another interview scheduled). So no, it did not seem to count against them. However keep in mind rescheduling your interview for a later date puts you against more applicants when the interview committee is reviewing applicants. After each interview cycle, the applicants from that interview cycle along with applicatants from any pervious interview cycle will be considered. After the September interview, August and September applicants are reviewed. November will include November applicants plus the remaining September and August applicants and so on...

Best of luck to you!

Archived