A list of pre-existing conditions lost under #Trumpcare:
AIDS/HIV, acid reflux, acne, ADD, addiction, Alzheimer's/dementia, anemia, aneurysm, angioplasty, anorexia, anxiety, arrhythmia, arthritis, asthma, atrial fibrillation, autism, bariatric surgery, basal cell carcinoma, ipolar disorder, blood clot, breast cancer, bulimia, bypass surgery, celiac disease, cerebral aneurysm, cerebral embolism, cerebral palsy, cerebral thrombosis, cervical cancer, colon cancer, colon polyps, congestive heart failure, COPD, Crohn's disease, cystic fibrosis, DMD, depression, diabetes, disabilities, Down syndrome, eating disorder, enlarged prostate, epilepsy, glaucoma, gout, heart disease, heart murmur, heartburn, hemophilia, hepatitis C, herpes, high cholesterol, hypertension, hysterectomy, kidney disease, kidney stones, kidney transplant, leukemia, lung cancer, lupus, lymphoma, mental health issues, migraines, MS, muscular dystrophy, narcolepsy, nasal polyps, obesity, OCD, organ transplant, osteoporosis, pacemaker, panic disorder, paralysis, paraplegia, Parkinson's disease, pregnancy, restless leg syndrome, schizophrenia, seasonal affective disorder, seizures, sickle cell disease, skin cancer, sleep apnea, sleep disorders, stent, stroke, thyroid issues, tooth disease, tuberculosis, ulcers.
Cut/Paste & Share 

A list of pre-existing conditions lost under #Trumpcare:AIDS/HIV, acid reflux, acne, .... heartburn, .... obesity...

Cut/Paste & Share 

So in other words, premiums will skyrocket for every US citizen since everyone will have a preexisting health condition?

"Sixty percent of the adult population will experience some type of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) within a 12 month period and 20 to 30 percent will have weekly symptoms. Approximately seven million people in the United States have some symptoms of GERD."

http://www.healthline.com/health/gerd/statistics

"Acne affects people regardless of age, gender, or race. For example, consider the following statistics: 60 million Americans have active acne (20 percent of whom are adults); of the 85 percent of young adults (between ages 12 and 24) who suffer from acne, 25 percent will have permanent scars from acne."

https://www.nuskin.com/en_US/corporate/company/science/personal_care_science/acne.html

"More than one-third (35.7 percent) of adults are considered to be obese. More than 1 in 20 (6.3 percent) have extreme obesity. Almost 3 in 4 men (74 percent) are considered to be overweight or obese. The prevalence of obesity is similar for both men and women (about 36 percent)."

https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/overweight-obesity

Don't forget rape, domestic violence, and cesarean section... among many other ridiculous inclusions. But don't worry--- ED will not affect your health insurance. 

eTA: I don't mean "your" as in you.. I mean as in any American male. 

naaaa....its easier to scare people with bullshit like this.

The AHCA bill does not outline a specific list but leaves it to the insurance companies. All of the above listed diagnoses have been considered "pre-existing conditions" by various insurance companies. 

It's not bullshit to try to stop unfair policies BEFORE they become law. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all.  

What a lot of people miss is the insult to our very way of life that legislating these things causes.  Free market choice disappears with legislation.

For instance, there's a certain group of people who have a certifying body for their job (only one so far) who are working non-stop to get their own product (the certification) to be required by law in states to be able to do that job in that state.  

If you do that job, you have to use that product no matter what trumped up expense or requirement they come up with - a monopoly with the power of law.

Sound familiar?

Back on point, if you don't like one insurance's product this legislates that the other "competing" is going to be the same, to insure huge profits for all.

Again don't know if this is real but I'll bet they try it.

Part of me thinks that health insurance and the cost of healthcare will inflate the US economy to the point of collapse. It keep getting worse, and worse, and worse.

Premiums rise, people cant afford them, they have massive deductible plans or use Medicaid, still need services, cant pay for them, so costs go up even more....

And the rich get richer.

Part of me thinks that health insurance and the cost of healthcare will inflate the US economy to the point of collapse. It keep getting worse, and worse, and worse.

Premiums rise, people cant afford them, they have massive deductible plans or use Medicaid, still need services, cant pay for them, so costs go up even more....

I find this pretty difficult to disagree with.  I sort of tried.

A list of pre-existing conditions lost under #Trumpcare:

AIDS/HIV, acid reflux, acne, ADD, addiction, Alzheimer's/dementia, anemia, aneurysm, angioplasty, anorexia, anxiety, arrhythmia, arthritis, asthma, atrial fibrillation, autism, bariatric surgery, basal cell carcinoma, ipolar disorder, blood clot, breast cancer, bulimia, bypass surgery, celiac disease, cerebral aneurysm, cerebral embolism, cerebral palsy, cerebral thrombosis, cervical cancer, colon cancer, colon polyps, congestive heart failure, COPD, Crohn's disease, cystic fibrosis, DMD, depression, diabetes, disabilities, Down syndrome, eating disorder, enlarged prostate, epilepsy, glaucoma, gout, heart disease, heart murmur, heartburn, hemophilia, hepatitis C, herpes, high cholesterol, hypertension, hysterectomy, kidney disease, kidney stones, kidney transplant, leukemia, lung cancer, lupus, lymphoma, mental health issues, migraines, MS, muscular dystrophy, narcolepsy, nasal polyps, obesity, OCD, organ transplant, osteoporosis, pacemaker, panic disorder, paralysis, paraplegia, Parkinson's disease, pregnancy, restless leg syndrome, schizophrenia, seasonal affective disorder, seizures, sickle cell disease, skin cancer, sleep apnea, sleep disorders, stent, stroke, thyroid issues, tooth disease, tuberculosis, ulcers.

Cut/Paste & Share 

For a more rational/cognitive understanding of the bill read this:  http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447430/ahca-pre-existing-conditions-big-lie-democrats-are-telling

Turns out states can apply for a WAIVER to not cover the pre-established pre-conditions....but ONLY if the states meet certain conditions.  

First, it only applies to policies written for individuals....not CMS or employer based.  That means it is limited to only 18 million people.

Second, it ONLY applies to states who request and are granted a waiver.  We will have to wait to see how many states request and are granted a waiver (but even if EVERY state is granted a waiver, we're only talking 18 million people).

Third, it ONLY applies to people who have NOT had continuous coverage (a gap of more than 63 days).  

So how many people would this actually apply to?  Very, very, very, very few....and only those who haven't HAD insurance.  Oh, and remember, Obamacare made having insurance a REQUIREMENT for everyone.

Of course, if this does come to fruition the Democrats/leftists will roll out commercials with crying kids and grandmother's being thrown off a cliff by evil Republicans.

Moral of the story....the sky is not falling despite what the Trump-hating media tells you.

Moral of the story....the sky is not falling despite what the Trump-hating media tells you.

Well said.  Let's see what the Senate does with the final product before we decry it.  I am still hopeful that the Repubs will do a good job.  I am rooting for my country to have a good health care policy.

The problem is there IS no fix for our healthcare finance system. 

There will ALWAYS be a greater demand for healthcare than there is supply.  Always.  

That means there HAS to be rationing.

On the far left of the spectrum the rationing comes from government bureaucrats who say what is/isn't covered. 

On the far right of the spectrum the rationing comes from what the individual can afford/wants to spend.

In the middle will be a fight between the left and the right.

Now, if we could just turn down the rhetoric between us, maybe we could have a conversation about where in the middle we should be.

• Administrator

Insurance does not make anything cheaper.  If it did, insurance companies would go out of business.  Insurance will always cost more than care, because that is how insurance companies cover overhead and profit.

What insurance does is spread risk around, so everyone pays some portion of the total, and insurance is a net negative if you're healthier than average, and a net positive if you're sicker than average.

Health insurance is further complicated by the fact that many diseases are precipitated and/or worsened by people taking known health-negative actions: smoking, drinking, eating too much, etc.

Further further complicating health insurance is that costs are not evenly distributed throughout the lifespan, but increase exponentially in the retirement years: healthy people making money (and hence good taxation revenue sources) need very little in the way of care.

So how many people would this actually apply to?  Very, very, very, very few....and only those who haven't HAD insurance.  

But a person is no less a person by virtue of being one of "very, very, very, very few". I agree 100% that all sides will have to take it down a notch if any real progress is to be made, I just hope that we can approach it from the common idea that no one (even if it's only a few people) should be left out. 

Every person has inherent value.

But, referring you back to my previous post, healthcare WILL BE, because it MUST be, rationed.

Wanna cover EVERYONE?  Then we won't have very good coverage, and it will be VERY expensive.

Wanna let people cover themselves?  Then lots of people won't be covered, some people will have crappy coverage, some will have good coverage, and a few will have GREAT coverage.

Archived