Sapper Airborne Medic

8 years Army Airborne

Now Sound Off...

Sorry for the belated reply.

US Marines 76-79

Former Navy Surface Force IDC - HMC

0-3 getting my last look at 0-4

Just returned from extended deployment to Afghanistan

Will retire with 30+ years June 09, as my request to retire this August was denied. Stuff happens;)

For all you Army folks (whoms company I have enjoyed the past year) - Hoooah!

Sorry for the belated reply.

US Marines 76-79

Former Navy Surface Force IDC - HMC

0-3 getting my last look at 0-4

Just returned from extended deployment to Afghanistan

Will retire with 30+ years June 09, as my request to retire this August was denied. Stuff happens;)

For all you Army folks (whoms company I have enjoyed the past year) - Hoooah!

Now, I have been out of the service for awhile,USMC 85-89.

But as an officer, can't you resign your commission at any time,once any initial commitment is satisfied. You should be able to retire, as you have 26+ years now.

Rob

Guest floridanavypa
Now, I have been out of the service for awhile,USMC 85-89.

But as an officer, can't you resign your commission at any time,once any initial commitment is satisfied. You should be able to retire, as you have 26+ years now.

Rob

I could resign, but I lose my retirement. DoD requirement is you serve at least 10 years as an officer before you retire at 20. I had 10 years at my 26 year mark.

I should add I asked to retire because they involuntarily extended my tour length on Guam 1 more year after I got here. I opted to retire rather than stay until 2007, but BUPERS decided I should stay. Moot point now, since I have to complete a 3 year instead of 2 year tour. I can transfer to the states next year and retire state side to NC in 2009.

Semper fi -

I could resign, but I lose my retirement. DoD requirement is you serve at least 10 years as an officer before you retire at 20. I had 10 years at my 26 year mark.

I should add I asked to retire because they involuntarily extended my tour length on Guam 1 more year after I got here. I opted to retire rather than stay until 2007, but BUPERS decided I should stay. Moot point now, since I have to complete a 3 year instead of 2 year tour. I can transfer to the states next year and retire state side to NC in 2009.

Semper fi -

That's the Navy I remember. ;) Thanks for sticking it out. Takes a special kind.

Guest nonlethal

So, I reenlisted. For those of you that I'm sure will flame me until I'm less than a smoldering cinder, I had plenty of good reasons to do so. Chief of which was MY WIFE asked me to?!?!?:eek:

Anyway,

USMC 0311 from 94-05

2/23 (yeah, I'm a stinkin' reservist)

IIMEF (but I volunteered for active duty alot)

3/23 (and ended up in Iraq in 03)

IIMEF (and then took a 6-month libo cruise to S America)

and now

US Army 68WM6 (and 11B:D)

2d Medical Training Brigade

I had to reenlist as a reservist to get an MOS other than grunt, there isn't a rifle Bn here in UT, but I'll be sliding over to the regular Army as soon as I'm MOS qualified.

Navy Corpsman, NRMC Philadelphia

8404 3rd Batt 9th Marines, Okiinawa, Japan

8404 1st Tracked Vehicle Batt., Okinawa, Japan

EMT-Intermediate

Current PA Student

ALL veterans Stand Up and Be Counted.

DocNusum

Former 12b/91B2p

Sapper Airborne Medic

8 years Army Airborne

Now Sound Off...

Semper fi -

That 10 year clause gets a lot of us-and most don't seem to know about it until they are ready to punch out...

Fortunately I was about 2 weeks shy of 10 yrs when I commissioned...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fire_EMT

Howdy All -

USAF 1W051A Weather Forecaster/Observer

Enlisted: 00' - 04'

Currently:

Firefighter I - II / EMT-B in large Metro AZ Deptartment

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am the spouse of an Army Vet. My husband served 7 years Army, (Infantry/Artillery)....two active, 5 Reserved. Was called back to duty full time for a year and half after 9/11. We have nothing but the utmost respect for all of our military brothers and sisters all over the world.

***GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU***

• 1 month later...

Gabriel Rocha

SGT, US Army (2002-present)

91W2P

E-1 to . . . . . . . . .

Fort Benning, GA '02

Fort Sam Houston, TX '02

Fort Bragg, NC '02-'06

(Charlie Med 407th FSB 2nd BCT 82nd ABN DIV)

OIF I '03-'04

NCNG Med Detatchment '06. . . . .

Campbell University B.H.S (Expected Dec '06)

PA School?????- Still Debating Where

(Hopeful Graduate Class of 2009)

--Glad to see so many vets have made it to this great and promising career. . . . . considering it was all you old geezers who started the damn thing. :D Just glad I've made the choice to come and join y'all. Even happier I'll be, when someday I get to put on the white coat and call myself a PA.

Hooooaahh- Airborne!

Thanks for the info! It actually means alot to me to be asked to apply by an alumni from a particular school. I'm sure you want only qualified people coming after you at your Alma Mater. Much appreciated.

Only thing is. . . .I've narrowed down my choices to a few schools now and am really having a hard time debating (Duke, GW, Yale, Emory. . . possibly even Wake Forest) I've been fortunate enough to get interviews to all, now it's just a tough decision-- a good tough decision. Which one??

Thanks again,

Gabe

Cheapest & closest to family support.

Thanks for the info! It actually means alot to me to be asked to apply by an alumni from a particular school. I'm sure you want only qualified people coming after you at your Alma Mater. Much appreciated.

Only thing is. . . .I've narrowed down my choices to a few schools now and am really having a hard time debating (Duke, GW, Yale, Emory. . . possibly even Wake Forest) I've been fortunate enough to get interviews to all, now it's just a tough decision-- a good tough decision. Which one??

Thanks again,

Gabe

Old Soldier checking in with the latest and greatest warriors on the face of the earth!!!!!!

Ft Dix Oct 71-Jan 72 (BCT)

Ft Sam Jan-Mar 72 (AIT 91A)

Letterman Gen Hosp PSF Apr 72-Mar 73 (91C School)

Ft Bragg 55th Med Gp May-Oct 73(Leg)

Fitzsimmons AMC Oct-Dec 73

Ft Lee 85th CSH Jan-Aug 74

1/7Inf 3ID Aschaffenburg FRG Sep 74-Aug 77 (worked with guys from the Army's first PA class)

Ft Belvoir Dewitt AH Sep 77-Sep 79

USMTM Dharan Saudi Arabia Sep 79-Jul 80

Letterman AMC, PSF Jul 80-Aug 84

Ft Lewis 268thAHB Aug 84-Jul 85

USAR IRR Aug 85-Aug 96 Retired!!!!!!!!

Gongs:EFMB, DRVR W&T,ARCOM 1OLC, NDSM,GCM4th,NCODR w/3,OSRw2,ASR,

Bronze German Army Marksmanship Cord

Oh yeah ,I went to PA school too MEDEX 85-87 Class XIX