ROLL CALL... Introductions (First Post)

By the way do you know why marines wear there nametags on the back of their pants???????

OK, I'll bite.

And I will take full responsibility for starting the intraservice rivalry. I have brought dishonor upon myself, the Marine Corps, and the United States Naval Service. (Sounds like a charge sheet doesn't it! ;) )

Just let it end here as I dive on this grenade because this is a bumpy road to go down. I figured you would give me a break since my Grand Pappy wore jump boots, but I guess I was wrong.

Guest whatmepa

I feel I have learned many things from all you combat veterans. I refuse to get upset and angry because of a few insensitive warriors. I feel that since all of you served our country in a more honorable way than I did, I can take your comments with my head held high. My mom and dad have said more hurtful things than any one of you could possibly match. I really don’t have the right to chastise any of you. I have seen many angry men returning home from combat and understand where you are coming from. I did feel guilty leaving the military before I was sent to Iraq or Afghanistan. But I have to live with that. I served in the only way I knew how. And for all to know; I was only on permanent profile for 2 years, not the entire 3 years. I saw soldiers coming to my unit that had 2-4 tours under their belt. I can understand their anger and frustration at people like me. But at least I served. I had the chance to leave when I could. I don’t think “ALL” of you retired after a minimum of 20 years. Some of you probably got out prior to doing multiple deployments. But at least all of you giving me a difficult time did serve when the bullets were flying over your head. I’m just happy that we can “ALL” post threads negative or positive in a cloak of safety while others stand watch tonight. Thank them for being over there tonight. Stop slapping each other on the back. When was the last time anyone here sent an anonymous package overseas???? Wrote a letter to a serviceman or servicewomen???? Set up a rally to sign a sheet or flag at their local community or school???? Sent gifts to soldiers at the holidays???? Met the troops when they returned home when you didn’t know them or they were from another unit???? Have you stood there while soldiers stepped on the deployment bird and walked up to their crying families to thank them????? I’m thankful that I’m able to be here alive and well writing this. Have you forgotten our soldiers???? How much time do you spend on this forum instead of “actively” supporting deployed troops and their families at home????

I may not have served in the same capacity as you “True Veterans”. But I served and continue to support.

Like I said; “I salute all of you for defending our freedom.”

Now……are you all men that stand behind their words????

Of course you do... knucklehead...

Everyone with a DD 214 counts...

(spouses that supported the DD 214 holder also count!)

Come on... where are the others DocNusum 12/15/2005

Flotsam...

Not about being impressive...

YOU SERVED! DocNusum 12/15/2005

LOL madmedic.

I konw. Dont have the combat (somehow I managed to miss every combat deployment) (desert storm, Somalia, etc) but I have the EFMB. Fireguy 12/16/2005

To all of you who feel slighted that you served just a few years, or were never sent to combat, know this:

When you stand at the table and toss the dice, you can't know whether it is going to be WWII, Viet Nam "Vietnam"

, or 5 years of peace. The moment you toss the dice, your cances "chances" are all the same. Whether it was 4 or 30 years, you did your time, took your chances, paid your dues, and earned your bread.

I guess it is different for people in the medical proffession “profession” during war. I have guilt, enough to last a lifetime. I am one of those foolish thinkers.

I say get on your knees and thank the good Lord that the cup was passed before you. MsgtLou 12/17/2005

I feel I have learned many things from all you combat veterans. I refuse to get upset and angry because of a few insensitive warriors. I feel that since all of you served our country in a more honorable way than I did, I can take your comments with my head held high. My mom and dad have said more hurtful things than any one of you could possibly match. I really don’t have the right to chastise any of you. I have seen many angry men returning home from combat and understand where you are coming from. I did feel guilty leaving the military before I was sent to Iraq or Afghanistan. But I have to live with that. I served in the only way I knew how. And for all to know; I was only on permanent profile for 2 years, not the entire 3 years. I saw soldiers coming to my unit that had 2-4 tours under their belt. I can understand their anger and frustration at people like me. But at least I served. I had the chance to leave when I could. I don’t think “ALL” of you retired after a minimum of 20 years. Some of you probably got out prior to doing multiple deployments. But at least all of you giving me a difficult time did serve when the bullets were flying over your head. I’m just happy that we can “ALL” post threads negative or positive in a cloak of safety while others stand watch tonight. Thank them for being over there tonight. Stop slapping each other on the back. When was the last time anyone here sent an anonymous package overseas???? Wrote a letter to a serviceman or servicewomen???? Set up a rally to sign a sheet or flag at their local community or school???? Sent gifts to soldiers at the holidays???? Met the troops when they returned home when you didn’t know them or they were from another unit???? Have you stood there while soldiers stepped on the deployment bird and walked up to their crying families to thank them????? I’m thankful that I’m able to be here alive and well writing this. Have you forgotten our soldiers???? How much time do you spend on this forum instead of “actively” supporting deployed troops and their families at home????

I may not have served in the same capacity as you “True Veterans”. But I served and continue to support...

Dude...

It is VERY apparent... THAT YOU JUST DON'T GET IT...!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You start out with what seems to be some level of understanding... then challenge our integrity...!!!:mad::rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::mad:

I'm out...!!!

DocNusum

Lou... you're the patient type... Please explain the problem...

(he's on the "ignore" list as of now!!)

PAC4hire, not to sound completely stupid, but what is that rank insignia in your avatar? Not familiar with Army ranks, but I thought their SgtMaj was the same as our own, 3 up 4 down with a star. And I thought MSgt was the same as well with the exception of crossed rifles. Without doing a research project, I was just hoping that you could enlighten me.

I know the question wasn't directed to me, however the avatar is Command Sergeant Major.

All E-8 and E-9 ranks have three Chevrons (^) and three Rockers (lower). Master Sergeant(E-8) has nothing in the middle, First Sergeant(E-9) has a diamond in the middle, Sergeant Major(E-9)has one star, Command Sergeant Major(E-9) has one star with wreaths on each side, and Sergeant Major of the Army(E-9) has two stars and an eagle in the middle. Hope that helps.

-Witchdoctor

I feel I have learned many things from all you combat veterans.

Thank you. Without knowing your specific GI Bill, it was hard to explain exactly which benefits you rated. I am glad that I was able to give you a rough idea.

There is one more thing that I didn't mention. If you have the Montgomery GI Bill, that is only good for 3 years total, (over a period of 10 years). Generally, PA school is 24-27 months long. So that only allows you 9-12 months to obtain your pre-requisite courses. Since many of these courses are 2 consecutive semesters, and you must take one before the other, this finnancial need may be greater than the benefits extended. e.g. You need to take Organic Chemistry, 2 semesters, but before you do that, you must take General Chemistry, 2 semesters. And depending on the school, you will need to take Micro biology and it will have a prereq of some chemistry (possibly the nurses gen chem) and Anatomy and Physiology which is 2 semesters may have a biology requirement and certainly a chemistry requirement.

Then, as has previously been stated, no one knows your level of medical experience, you have kept that secret. It will be hard to get accepted to any school without it. If you add a CNA/EMT course to that, it is 4 months long or so. Then working in the field for 6 months "may" be enough to get you above the minimum cutoff of experience.

Realistically, I see you having 4- 4 1/2 years of education total. If you have worked on the pre reqs or are a medic/x-ray tech/nurse/dental tech/etc.etc, then you can naturally cut some of the time off.

Guest kjmaryeski

I'm not sure why all of you are expending time and energy on whatmepa. Lou, perhaps you see him as a "leadership challenge" ? I commend your professionalism and restraint, though. I bet you produced many a level-headed, NCO corps- bound marine.

Guest pac4hire

First of all no i did not get out of the army as a CSM but i thought it would be cute since i am the now military moderator, i thought i would be a real leader an NCO (someone who works for a living):D

Whatmepa: take a deep breath and i need you to understand that the people you are dealing with hear are not being abrasive, or abusive but are trying different motivational tools. If your parents say hurtful things i am sorry. BUT you are an ADULT, move out, get a job, begin your quest to become a PA if you thats what you want, become a CPA hell become the best fry guy MCdonalds has, just dive in with 100% and do oyur best.

BTW im not trying to be personal but what was your profile for, the reason i sk is there are certin physical competencies required to wear the uniform of a PA

Guest whatmepa

Thank you Sean PA-C/pac4hire,

I appreciate your kind words. I will listen to your advice and take heed. It's people like you that make me want to pursue being a PA. You remind me of my last PA that took care of me. I wouldn't have so many college credits if not for him. I would probably even be more of a disappointment to my family. "I will do it" .

I'm glad I found this forum with people that understand me. It's nice talk to someone. Thank you "ALL" for your support and encouraging words.

Any advice in going to Stanford? I still didn't get any feedback from DocNusum????? What is the best way to get accepted? I have a lot of ideas from everyone from all the traffic that is going over this forum. What is Smoke Bomb Hill? Can I use this for my resume? Does Stanford and other schools really check up on where you have been and experience? I don't want to lie, but I have read in some of your messages that I may need to tone down the hype about all the army medical experience? I can use some of those stories that everyone writes to each other.

Thank you "ALL"

HOOOOORRAAAHHH........

Guest whatmepa

MsgtLou,

I appreciate you giving me "REAL" advice. I'm not keeping my medical experience a secret. I just don't want to tell everyone what I am qualified at because then you will all say bad stuff again.

Guest whatmepa

Rodney King ...!!!

He has done nothing for "civil rights"...:rolleyes:

When he made that statement... he was trying to beat a case and trying not to go back to jail...

You need to start by picking better "HEROs"...

DocNusum,

I was taught something different at my home, church and school. I didn't know Mr. King was trying to get out of going to jail. I searched the Internet and you may be right........ Brother you have taught me so much........ THANK YOU……

How about Samuel Chapman Armstrong? He was a combat veteran. :D :D :D :D :D

Whatmepa, may I offer some advice? I'm just a former DD, not military myself, so I'm hesitant to enter this realm. Still, I think you benefit from a little guidance about the forum in general.

For information about Stanford and other programs you may be interested in, try posting your questions in the forum created especially for that school. There are other Stanford alumni that are a part of this forum, and while Doc is a great source of info, there may be others who can help as well - but who may not read the military forum.

For information on getting in to PA school in general, consider posting in the Pre-PA discussions. There are lots of people in the same position who you may find helpful. Expect honest answers, no BS or telling you what you want to hear. Kinda like here, but without the military aspect.

For discussing your military career, post in the military forum. But a casual observation.... you don't seem to have much in common with these gentlemen.

Best wishes!

BTW...Whatmepa...

“Doc" is the name called in the middle of the night when the tracers are hot and you catch one...

"Doc" is the name called in the middle of the night when the chute malfunctions, or you do a bogus PLF....

"Doc" is the name called when the "jimmy" don't look/feel quite right...

"Doc" is the title "Given" to the person you want standing right next to you should any of the above occur...

"Doc" in Nusum was Given... earned!

19 years "takin care of People"

Guest whatmepa

I'd like to add...

This thread was created for the vets to post their "creds"...

NOT for people to ask questions about particular schools...!!!

To all,

I would like to apologize to everyone for instigating discussions that do not pertain to Veterans. I got off track after receiving negative comments about my service to our country. I thought that getting out of the army would be the last of the discrimination I would ever suffer. I do understand that you all have different views and I would like to have mine.

SORRY…………..

Can I still be part of your group discussion if I don’t ask advice about PA school?

I like to read all the army stories everyone writes. It makes me miss the army and the camaraderie I experienced with my boys.

Thank you everyone and please accept my deepest apologies.

Sincerely Paul.

Kiss-On-Cheek.gif

Guest whatmepa
You can, of course.

An unrelated question for you-are you an Educator?

No,

I changed my profile to something different because I don't know if I still want to be a PA. Not very much support or positive feedback from everyone. I don't know if I can do it. I thought I could educate some of you on a different subject to be advised. I haven't decided yet. I wanted to give something back to all who have given me so much. I talked to my parents about Rodney King. They didn't agree. But, this is not the place for that discussion. I'm still searching the Internet on that one. I'm a little confused. I don't understand why they all have different views when it seems obvious that he may not have been a decent person. I prefer to focus on positive role models. I thought my chain of command was bad for treating me different. This forum could be worse. I will not give up. I will try to stay longer and "Stand up and be counted".

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Redogldr

Was that the sounds of crickets???? This is the stand up and be counted board so lets here some more of those great events and acomplishments. Mr Whatme seems confused but silent. I guess thats not bad after all.

Guest Redogldr

Was that a cricket I heard? I thought this post was for revealing neet stuff youve done and incredible almost secret missions. What happened? Mr Whatme has declined to grace this forum at present. I think he finally got it.