CALIFORNIA: University of La Verne 2016-2017

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like there's an information session scheduled for August 18th. May attend it just to see what information will be covered.

As far as I know, the accreditation issues were minor, and we should remain optimistic for next year. Everything happens for a reason, I'm sure we'll be colleagues next year :)

On 7/25/2017 at 2:51 PM, lulu11 said:

Don't worry Vk209 will ensure to post any new updates from the info session! ? 

Thanks! I emailed Dr Estrada and was told its not mandatory so I figured I continue working and save some money (we all need it at this point). 

Hi guys I don't think I'll be attending since I have to work, but I attended last year and in my opinion the information that is going to be provided is going to be more beneficial to the people who want to apply to the program rather than us since we were already accepted. ?

13 hours ago, sbp said:

Found an article that states la Verne met 107 out of the 115 standards during the review... apparently the issues were during the clinical years regarding assessment of students... hopefully they are able to fix the issues!

Can you post the link to the article please? I had heard from a working PA that it was an issue with clinical sites/year as well.

On 7/15/2017 at 2:18 PM, CareL said:

Hello fellow prospective ULV PA colleagues! I'm glad to see most of us are all in the same boat. I plan to attend the upcoming info session as well (6:00pm Wednesday 8/16/17). You can RSVP here if you haven't yet. Hope to meet some of you there :)

I just registered for the info session but its a little confusing as to which site it is at. The link here says Alhambra campus and the actual registration says La Verne campus, anyone else have this issue? I'm assuming its actually at the La Verne campus?

On 8/6/2017 at 0:59 PM, futurePA1575 said:

I just registered for the info session but its a little confusing as to which site it is at. The link here says Alhambra campus and the actual registration says La Verne campus, anyone else have this issue? I'm assuming its actually at the La Verne campus?

When I registered it only mentioned the La Verne campus. Same spot as when they did an information seminar in early 2016

Kinda random, but would anyone else who's going to the info session also be interested in grabbing dinner or something after? We can be each others' therapy group lol. I know a great sushi place in San Dimas which isn't too far, or a really good pizza place not too far from campus!

On 7/15/2017 at 2:18 PM, CareL said:

Hello fellow prospective ULV PA colleagues! I'm glad to see most of us are all in the same boat. I plan to attend the upcoming info session as well (6:00pm Wednesday 8/16/17). You can RSVP here if you haven't yet. Hope to meet some of you there :)

I guess we shouldn't go to the info session this Wednesday.

I'm down to grab a bite instead!

I signed up for tomorrow's session, confirmed it is at the main campus.  I will be driving about 1.5 hours to attend so can't do dinner after, I have to get home. :)  However, I am intrigued by the comments recently posted:   :/

1. Sbp:  "Receive Laura's email?"   Who is Laura? Maybe the post was deleted?

2. CareL, why are you saying we shouldn't go to the information Session?  Last week I called to confirm it was happening.  Has something changed?

2 hours ago, sdnola said:

I signed up for tomorrow's session, confirmed it is at the main campus.  I will be driving about 1.5 hours to attend so can't do dinner after, I have to get home. :)  However, I am intrigued by the comments recently posted:   :/

1. Sbp:  "Receive Laura's email?"   Who is Laura? Maybe the post was deleted?

2. CareL, why are you saying we shouldn't go to the information Session?  Last week I called to confirm it was happening.  Has something changed?

There was an email that was sent to students who were admitted. Laura is the one of the administrative assistants. 

3 hours ago, sbp said:

There was an email that was sent to students who were admitted. Laura is the one of the administrative assistants. 

Right.

Laura just sent an email asking the admitted students to not attend. Mainly because this information session is geared more towards students looking to apply for the upcoming cycle. It's understandable.

There will be a second information session specifically for the students that were accepted previously. I'll be going to that instead

Archived