vpoca

CALIFORNIA: University of La Verne 2016-2017

I haven't seen anything on the forum about this school so I decided To start a new thread for the 2016-2017 application cycle at the University of La Verne. The program is not accredited yet. I submitted my application yesterday. According to the program director they do not utilize rolling admissions. Has anybody else applied here?

• Upvote 1

Hello!

I received an email yesterday saying my application was received and will be under review. Goodluck to everyone!!

• Upvote 1

If anyone does not mind me asking, when was your application verified in CASPA and submitted to the school? I ask because the cycle closed on Oct 1st but on the school website it states all material has to be submitted and verified by 22 Sept.

My CASPA was verified sometime in late August but I submitted this application on September 20. I don't see anywhere on the school website about it being verified by September 22. I only see it needing to be verified by October 1st.  

On Friday I received an email requesting course info, they are currently reviewing my prerequisites. Haven't heard anything about interviews.

On Friday I received an email requesting course info, they are currently reviewing my prerequisites. Haven't heard anything about interviews.

When did you submit your application?

Spot open.   I graciously received an interview for the University of La Verne.  I am declining this offer to open the opportunity to another  applicant.  I have received an offer and an interview invite to my top 2 school choices. I have waited 15 years for this opportunity and am very humbled now that the door has been opened to me.  Good luck to everyone applying. Don't give up on your dreams. 

Sincerely, Optomist

• Upvote 3

Hey guys, I'll be flying in on the 23rd for an interview on the 24th. Would anyone be interested in getting dinner Thursday the 23rd? Good luck to everyone who will be interviewing!

Hey guys, I'll be flying in on the 23rd for an interview on the 24th. Would anyone be interested in getting dinner Thursday the 23rd? Good luck to everyone who will be interviewing!

Hi ER Tech, where are you flying in from? I wish I could meet Thursday for evening but my schedule is a little tight. Good luck!

Hi ER Tech, where are you flying in from? I wish I could meet Thursday for evening but my schedule is a little tight. Good luck!

I'll be flying in from Chicago

• Upvote 1

Had an interview today, it was fun! :D

The faculty were all very nice and comforting. I had an interview yesterday as well. What group were you in? I was a part of the morning by group.

• Upvote 1

The faculty were all very nice and comforting. I had an interview yesterday as well. What group were you in? I was a part of the morning by group.

Yes they were awesome. I was with the evening group. Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By UCSF Fresno
      The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) - Fresno Emergency Medicine PA Residency is accepting applications for the 2019 application cycle. This 18-month postgraduate program, affiliated with the UCSF School of Medicine, is designed to prepare PAs to practice in a variety of emergency medicine environments.
      We will be accepting 2 residents in 2019. The class will start June 26, 2019 but we will be offering rolling admissions into the Fall for accepted applicants who have a later PA school graduation date. 
      Deadline to apply is January 15, 2019. 
      Rotations include:
      Trauma Critical Care Pediatric Emergency Medicine Burn Orthopedics Dermatology Ophthalmology Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Toxicology Emergency Ultrasound Anesthesia EMS  Resuscitation courses include: ACLS, ATLS, BLS, PALS
      18-month stipend: $90,000
      Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, 4 weeks of vacation, membership in the Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants (SEMPA), UCSF email access, textbook, malpractice coverage, and more.
      Paid travel to SEMPA 360, SEMPA's annual conference.
      Our state-of-the-art ED at Community Regional Medical Center serves as the only Level 1 Trauma Center/Burn Center for Central California, and handles an annual ED volume of over 110,000.
      The Department of Emergency Medicine hosts fellowships in Emergency Ultrasound, Medical Education, and Wilderness Medicine. Our faculty are involved in EMS, wilderness medicine, ultrasound, medical education, toxicology, international emergency medicine, and more. They are also leaders in the emergency medicine and EMPA community.
      For more information, please see the attached flyer.
      Website: http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/emergency-medicine-physician-assistant/

Email: em.pa.residency@fresno.ucsf.edu
      Residency Flyer.pdf
    • By EMTtoPAC
      Thought i'd get this thread started since the deadline is coming up October 1st.  Good luck to all!
    • By jersey33
      What is the process of creating a clinical site or at least an affiliation with a doctor or organization for one student to do a rotation at? I have been desperately trying to get clinical rotations in CA, my home, while I am currently out of state. I have situational depression and I know that being able to do rotations back at home would help immensely with my focus, happiness, and health, but my school won't budge in helping me. Their reasoning was that it's too much work for them to make affiliations with new sites. I have found doctors willing to take me in for rotations though, so the only thing left would be the paperwork which I thought was in large part filled out by the preceptor. Does anyone know anything about this, and if so, could you please help me understand?
    • By Chrissylee
      Starting a post for the 2018-2019 cycle for Cal Baptist University's PA program! Good luck everyone!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More