vpoca

CALIFORNIA: University of La Verne 2016-2017

Oh no!!! thank you SBP for finding that info out. This is disheartening.

I second Vkaps question about why are they waiting until 2019

I spoke to Laura today and was informed that they won't be on this upcoming PA cycle because they are in the process of re-applying for accreditation and it is a lengthy process. Hence they anticipate to be on 2018-2019 cycle.

I'm rather disappointed to have to find out most of this information on the forum and not in an email from the school and program staff to keep all accepted and waitlisted students in the loop.

FuturePA1575: I was thinking the same thing. Very disappointing the schools approach to this whole situation.

Hm36 and Sbp: thank you inquiring that information!

Don't give up hope everyone! The cycle opens up through CASPA April 27th. Keep applying and the right program will open up. Praying for everyone!

I'm kinda disappointed we didn't really get to know each other and become classmates...

This is certainly a tough speedbump for all of us. Best of luck to everyone on the journey 

Hey everyone! I just received a letter from the university with the details of what the next steps are going to be. Fingers crossed. did anyone else receive the letter?

The cohort will start in the summer of 2018. I think what went on was that when you spoke with Laura they were still trying to work out the process with the accrediatation body and board members. I am so grateful that our seats are still guaranteed and that the faculty and staff are working very hard to make this happen! ????

• Upvote 1

I received the letter too. Good news but only if all goes well...Hopefully they get accreditation in March 2018!

I'm curious to see if we would have to apply again, or if the CASPA window will even open up again this summer for new applicants.

Still, theres a light at the end of the tunnel

Well I'm assuming we don't have to take any steps since we already applied, interviewed and met all the requirements, but I think the best thing we can do right now is just wait. I'm sure they are going to be sending us more information later, since honestly they were able to get the accrediation process to happen in a year instead of two so that says a lot about the commitment that they are putting in the program and the students in my opinion ????

Yes, definitely! They've invested a lot of their efforts and time into the program...they're absolutely committed to bringing the best outcome in this situation. we're all in this together!

Okay guys, not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I need some advice. Even though ULV did offer us seats for Summer 2018 (assuming they get accredited), I am choosing to reapply to schools for this new application cycle anyways. What would be the best way to re-ask for a letter of recommendation from a professor? I feel weird asking again and saying the school I chose to attend did not receive accreditation :/

Anyone have any advice on the best way to ask for a letter again?  

There's absolutely nothing weird about it. I'm in your boat as well. No professor will think less of you for it. It happens, it's a speed bump, and many PA's/professionals understand that things may come up on the road to your end goal.

Hello I was wondering if all the accepted applicants are keeping their seats for next year? I am trying to gauge whether or not I should apply to the program if I will be competing for less seats than usual. I am not trying to waste my time taking their extra prereqs just to apply for 3 open seats or something around that number.

Hello I was wondering if all the accepted applicants are keeping their seats for next year? I am trying to gauge whether or not I should apply to the program if I will be competing for less seats than usual. I am not trying to waste my time taking their extra prereqs just to apply for 3 open seats or something around that number.

I will most likely be keeping my seat.

Hello everyone!

My name is Matt and I am a member of the 20 or so students who gained acceptance to La Verne's PA program last March. I am so happy to have stumbled across this thread! I was wondering if anyone has since heard from any of the faculty regarding an update in our status. I have not heard from anyone since I received the letter promising acceptance in the June 2018 cohort.

I am re-applying in CASPA as a safeguard but I am still extremely hopeful provisional accreditation is met this March so we can begin working together. Best of luck to all!

• Upvote 1

I plan to hold my seat for next year unless I am accepted elsewhere. I am reapplying but want to keep ULV as an option. This may be the case for many students, so unfortunately, if you are planning to apply to this program for the next application cycle, seat availability will be dependent on those keeping their seats from the 2016-2017 application cycle. 

However, I do recommend you take some of the extra pre reqs if you can because it can only help your chances at other programs and make you more prepared during your time as a PA student.

Its pretty simple guys.... every1 going to keep their seat unless something crazy happens. Also, every1 will reapply at CASPA for other programs because nobody is going to deny a better more established program instead of La Verne. However, the faculty at La Verne were amazing and diversified which some of us (me) really enjoy!

Reality is that there are sooooooooo many applicants for PA schools nowadays its going to get more and more difficult to get into PA school. 

I actually don't see La Verne on CASPA this cycle. Must be because the accepted students from the past cycle were guaranteed seats. I'm one of waitlisted/alternate students and I was informed that we'll be kept on the waitlist for next cycle too. :)