Virginia: EVMS 2016-2017 cycle

Hi! My name is Abigail and I'm interviewing on Monday morning. I live in Virginia Beach, so if anyone needs advice on where to stay or things to do, feel free to reach out. I'm happy to help. :) I'd love to meet up with any locals who are interviewing or anyone that is coming into town early. 

This is the first time I've chimed in on this thread, but I've been reading and refreshing religiously up until Friday when I got my interview invitation. I want to say thank you so much to those of you who shared updates. My heart goes out to those who have received rejection letters. I know we have all worked insanely hard to get here. I really appreciate y'all sharing in the forum so that others could have hope. 

Best of luck to everyone!! 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning...for those who are still waiting, the hopes are still high. I reached out to school and was told that, although, the "waves" went out, there are still spots open and interviews are being given out...so let's keep strong and keep praying and hoping for the best ????????

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks Yulia for the update! Did they tell you within what time frame they would be sending out final decisions? Thanks again!

Unfortunately, they didnt. But I do want to say by the end of this week. Although, someone earlier said that they might even send it out ad late as end of the month

Hi! My name is Abigail and I'm interviewing on Monday morning. I live in Virginia Beach, so if anyone needs advice on where to stay or things to do, feel free to reach out. I'm happy to help. :) I'd love to meet up with any locals who are interviewing or anyone that is coming into town early.

This is the first time I've chimed in on this thread, but I've been reading and refreshing religiously up until Friday when I got my interview invitation. I want to say thank you so much to those of you who shared updates. My heart goes out to those who have received rejection letters. I know we have all worked insanely hard to get here. I really appreciate y'all sharing in the forum so that others could have hope.

Best of luck to everyone!!

I'm local-ish! I live in Yorktown :) It's nice to see another local on this thread. Good luck on your interview! I'm interviewing on Friday.

Does anyone know how many are interviewed and out of those how many are accepted? I know I'm driving myself crazy but I would like to know the percentage of those that are accepted from interview.

Check the website! They have a table with their stats from recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how many are interviewed and out of those how many are accepted? I know I'm driving myself crazy but I would like to know the percentage of those that are accepted from interview.

150 are interviewed for 80 seats. You have a 50-50 chance of getting in. Hope that helps!

Good morning...for those who are still waiting, the hopes are still high. I reached out to school and was told that, although, the "waves" went out, there are still spots open and interviews are being given out...so let's keep strong and keep praying and hoping for the best

Who else is still waiting to hear anything? I know myself and @Yulia are waiting still (and trying not to have panic attacks while checking email). Fingers crossed for us and hoping for a positive outcome on this!

Here are their stats directly from the website.

http://www.evms.edu/education/masters_programs/physician_assistant_program/admissions_information/admissions_statistics/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of us who have not heard anything yet, do y'all think it might be a good sign that we might get an interview? Cause I think I read earlier that they send out rejection emails pretty early on, right?

As far as I was told, and know, the admissions send out rejections first and then (couple hours later) offers for interviews. I really hope it's a good sign that we got a chance to interview...

Archived