Virginia: EVMS 2016-2017 cycle

I just wanted to chime in and say that I am extremely proud of how far all of you have come in the application process. You all are very skilled and have the experience/knowledge to become great physician assistants. Please do not take a rejection hard. It is very competitive. You knew that prior to even starting your application for this cycle. I cannot stress enough how much perseverance is key. Apply again. Work on bettering your app in the process. Better YOURSELF in the process as well.

I sincerely wish you all the best. But I hope and pray that you do not give up on your dream because of an email saying that this just wasn't your year yet. It could be next year or the year after that. So don't pass that on up. More importantly, don't give up on yourself.

Remember: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."

Best wishes to all! [emoji170][emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to all those who received rejections. I too received my rejection e-mail today. I'm planning to ask admissions about the weaknesses in my application and where I can improve for next cycle but they said to contact them after September 15th for questions regarding this.

I'm definitely disappointed about the rejection but taking it as a test of perseverance. We have to continue improving ourselves everyday. We know that this is what we want to do with our lives and eventually we WILL find a program that's right for us. Just gotta stay positive and keep putting in the work. Our dream will soon become reality!

Best of luck to everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone,
Got an interview spot for Monday morning! Ill be flying out from CA on a red eye and going directly into the interview. Hopefully Im not to out of it lol.

Ouch! Make sure you get good sleep the night before you fly! I'm interviewing Monday morning too. See you then!

23 minutes ago, Robin198 said:

Have you guys been sent an address as to where the interview will take place? I can't find it.

Yes I found the information in interview day agenda that was in the links when confirming the interview. I assume the morning session is the same, but the afternoon session arrival/welcome will be at the MPA Classroom in Harry T Lester hall, 3rd floor, room 355. 

When are you interviewing @Robin198?

Hey everyone, check your email for information about the meet and greets the class of 2019 is hosting for us. I'll definitely be at Torch Bistro on Friday...what about you? I'm so excited to meet everyone!!

I will be attending Friday meet and greet as well.

Great [mention=132375]Dono[/mention], I'm looking forward to meeting you. You're from FL right...how long will you be in town? 

I am from Florida. I decided to make a little trip out of it with my girlfriend. We are going to stay in savannah from 11-13, norfolk 13-15, then Charleston 15-16 (maybe 17). All airBnB's are booked!

What are your plans?

15 minutes ago, Dono said:

I am from Florida. I decided to make a little trip out of it with my girlfriend. We are going to stay in savannah from 11-13, norfolk 13-15, then Charleston 15-16 (maybe 17). All airBnB's are booked!

What are your plans?

That sounds like a great way to relax before/after the interview. I'm semi-local, living about 1.5 away, so my husband and I will only be there Friday. We'll possibly stay overnight, but that's not set in stone, as he's not yet guaranteed off work that day. 

That sounds like a great way to relax before/after the interview. I'm semi-local, living about 1.5 away, so my husband and I will only be there Friday. We'll possibly stay overnight, but that's not set in stone, as he's not yet guaranteed off work that day. 

Great! Looking forward to meeting you. Are you am or pm interview?

Plane tickets are SOOOOO expensive. I think I may be stuck driving from Boston??‍♀️

Last year I flew and I was expensive as well. Just weigh your options.

I'm PM; the only other person I've seen from this forum that's interviewing then is [mention=138516]Spawsey[/mention]. Not sure where the other Friday PM folks are. [emoji848]

I am PM as well so add me to the list!

I interview Monday morning! Was going to drive the day before. I already booked a hotel for the night.

I interview Monday morning as well and driving up from south Florida bc ticket prices are expensive for me too. How long is the drive for you? Mine is 12-13 hrs

Archived