PrimeCare P.L.L.C. (2nd Iteration)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Aprilh....

The word is already out...

Several good friends of mine own Outpatient Chemical Dependency Treatment centers. They all have Gov contracts and at any given time, have 2-3 hundred clients that they are juggling. They have been hounding me/us to open a clinic since 2009. Back then, we had a clinic but it was on one of the local reservations and limited to Native American enrollment.

3 of them have guaranteed me a referral base of a minimum of 30 patients each. So when I confided in them that I was gonna do it... they started compling lists of appropriate patients... and has since been "blowing my phone up" weekly asking about the opening date.

ALSO...

My SP teaches the Buprenorphine class quarterly to throngs of physicians. As a matter of fact, I will be assiting him teach this 5hr class to a group of 35 physicians on 22 Oct.

We already have professionally printed, full-color clinic brochures and flyers prepared to distribute at these classes.

Also... I purchased a software program (Hgh Impact Email 5) that allows you to create full color, HTML flyers then emil blast them to email distribution lists. I already have the email addresses of EVERY provider with a DEA # and NPI# in my county. They are gonna start getting "informational emails."

As for the "Long Days"...

Not toooo long since I'm usually already awake between 0500-2200 anyway.

And... as you alluded to... its really only LONG if you are doing it to enrich someone else...

very nice! jw why dont you accept walk-ins?

Thanks...

Its a NO INSURANCE ACCEPTED clinic (think debit, credit card, money order, cashiers check ONLY).

You don't want broke, intoxicated, addicts walking through the door q 15 mins thinking its ok to just stumble in and engage the staff in fruitless conversation because they are bored and feeling sorry for themselves or are simply just entering the "pre-pre-contemplative" stage of change.

If they are "referred-only"... Medical and Chemical Dependency providers will only refer those who can afford the fees and serve as a first line "filter."

We also will not accept cash...

Why...??

Because of the crowd we service and I want to deter some addict from assaulting my receptionist (my eldest daughter) in an effort to secure cash for their next high. I bought a safe and cut a slot in the top then bolted it to the floor behind that wall in the reception area. She will only accept credit/debit payments or money orders that will be dropped into the slot. She has also be trained to open the safe and let them have the money orders if it comes to that.

I figure that if they can cash a wad of money orders made out to "PrimeCare PLLC"... then more power to them.

Also... the clinic will onlty be open when I'm there... and as a recent combat vet, with PTSD and a CCW... who is AWAYS armed... umm, I think you know the rest.:heheh:

Thanks BikeMike...

I grew up poor without much... but was taught to treasure and take care of what I DID have.

My brother and I used to collect GQ magazines and pay particular attention to the elements of style and how the ensembles were constructed.

Once I "made it"... I endeavored to emulate the sense of style that was studied in those magazines as a child-teen.

Anyone who knows me personally, knows that I'm usually one of the best-dressed/put together dudes on site.

The patients, their families, the nursing and ancillary staff and usually the physician's wives LOVE it...

I decorated the clinic like I usually pick clothes.

Find a base color then work off of that.

In clothing, its usually a colorful tie, socks or hanky.

In the clinic, it was the carpet in my office.

YMMV

Contrarian

btw... for those wondering... NO my wife didn't help. I decorated the entire clinic before she even knew what I was doing. The first she knew what I was planning, I was done decorating and the lease was already signed. Why..??? Cause she is a "nervous nellie" and I just couldn't risk hearing any "negativity" after I made up my mind to proceed. I didn't need the "what ifs" and the "doubt." Lots of the fellas on here KNOW what I'm talking about...

Congrats C!!!! Your hard work is paying off! I couldn't read the diplomas on the wall but recognize the seal on the top and bottom one:;;D:.

Congrats again...I am looking into doing a side job where I am partnered with my SP for a couple of contracts I was able to drum up. Just trying to get around all the legal junk.

Thanks RC...!!

My goal is to properly position myself to take any advantage that presents itself when the coming DRASTIC changes in our health care system start to kick in.

Also... I chose to focus on areas of Medicine that doesn't require a crap-load of specialized equipment to offer.

Addiction Medicine- EMR, H&P equipment, sharps containers, labslips, instant U/A tox cups.

Pain Management- EMR, H&P equipment, Exam/Massage table, Rx pad (and the knowledge and ability to do Addiction Med)

Concierge Internal Med House Calls- EMR, H&P equipment, Rx pad, maybe a PC based ECG module, labslips and referrals to visiting nurses.

Thanks Joelseff...

I was waiting on YOU specifically to comment on those Certificates.

Did you miss the SSOM Crest in the Right corner...???

Good job on starting to create a solid place of YOU versus simply looking for a job.

Keep up the good work and set the example.

Contrarian

Thanks C! Yah I noticed the crest in FULL COLOR TOO!!! Nice! If I'm ever in Washington, I'll hit u up!!!

Contrarian,

I'm green with envy. Supper place.

I was looking through one of the free magazines that finds it's way into my box "Advances for NPs & PAs" and found a write up about an Urgent Care clinic called "FASTMED", Urgent Care. Seems it was founded in NC in 2000 by Jason Williams, PA-C. He is quite the expansion artist and hopes to have 30 clinics running by the end of 2011.

You people are showing that yes, it can be done.

I thought that we couldn't write for Suboxone. We have about 100 patients on it.

We can't... but we can call it in for the physician with the data waiver...:wink:

So the easiest and securist way to do that to prevent diversion is to pic 1 pharmacy... physically go to the pharmacy to introduce yourself and establish a relationship with them (they will LOVE having the business) .... have put your providers DEA numbers and credentials and info on file. Then require ALL of your patients pick up their suboxone from that one pharmacy.

This does 2 things:

It simplifies the dispensing... since they know you and of your SP...

It decreases the chances of diversion since they know you and your SP and how you work and when any particular patient you prescribed suboxone for recieved their last refill and can notify you of any suspicious activity.

Finished the install of Medtuity on all computers (4) and tablets (2) in the clinic and wirelessly-networked them this am...

Works like a charm.

Whats cool is that once the receptiuonist inputs the Demographics at her computer... just abouut ANY complaint/encounter can be thouroughly documented with simple clicks... and then its output in a conversational style.

This program ROCKs..!!!

YMMV

btw... I have no financial interest in Medtuity... except for the $750 I paid for the program.

Archived