PA owned practice in California?

Anyone out there that is actually doing this? I am rather confused after some internet searching about owning a practice in CA.  Can I own 49% and my husband own the rest? 

I am looking to open a small, part time consultative practice (no primary care) and hire my SP as an independent contractor.  (Using hire loosely please don't flame me for this - looking to compensate a physician in some way by providing supervising services remotely).

Appreciate any direction in advance, thank you 

I researched this a while back when my SP wanted me to partner up with him to start this practice. From what I can gather, a PA canNOT be a partner in a medical practice. We can be a partner in a "professional medical corporation" I ultimately just opted to be an employee. I think you can be up to a 49% partner at a "professional medical corp" but the 51% controlling partner must be a physician or a combination of physicians totalling 51% or more.

Here is the statement from AAPA. Look up California.

http://issuu.com/paassist/docs/aapa_summary_of_physician_assistant_ownership 

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Active using Tapatalk.

Archived