PrimeCare P.L.L.C. (2nd Iteration)

The first iteration of "PrimeCare" was a home office based practice limited to Internal Medicine House-Calls.

(For details do a search as this was circa 2003-2005)

The grand opening/open house of the second iteration of "PrimeCare PLLC" is scheduled for 15 Oct 2011.

Yr # 1---> Addiction Medicine (Suboxone, Vivitrol, CBT, DBT, Guided Imagery)

Yr # 2---> Add Pain Management (Accupuncture, CBT, Medication)

Yr # 4---> Add Limited "Concierge" Internal Medicine HouseCalls

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes and thanks...

Several folks on this forum own practices. Look in the "PA owned Practice" section in the Professional PA part of this forum.

Very cool! All the best in this endeavor.

Btw, I don't know what you plan to do for the loose cables but office depot does sell packs of 6 cable fasteners (not the plastic tie wrap kind, but a fabric style which can be removed easily) for $4..a temporary fix until a more permanent solution is found.

Thanks...

First I bought the carpet in my office from a surplus outlet store for $30. This set the direction of the color palette that I would use throughout the clinic.

I then went to Home Depot and found the cabinets in the clearance bin for between $15-$35 each.

I frequented 4 different Home Depots in a 100mile range to get all the cabinets I would need. I didn't drive out of my way... since I normally work in the areas these stores are located.

They were all on clearance so no one store had all the different sizes in the quantities I needed.

I actually ended up getting a few (5) free after driving back and forth and a communication error on their part.

I have 3 in storage incase there are problems, since I know they were clearance items and can't be reordered.

The Chaise was $109 brand new from a catalog.

The recliner in the exam room lays completely flat and has built in shiatzu massagers. I got it from the local surplus store for $275.

My desk is two of the clearance cabinets turned on their sides with a $5 solid core door as a top.

The two Natuzzi leather chairs in my office were also purchased from the local surplus store for $350 for both $175 each.

The hall seating is 5 leather storage ottomans that were $30-$49 each.

I went to JoAnns Fabrics and spent about $120 for ALL of the art/pictures in the building.

Then it was time for electronics:

Two 42" flat screens from Best Buy about $800. These are used for patient education videos.

One 18" flat screen in front of hall seating for education videos was $250 (actually bought my daughter a 40" for the $250 and took this one in trade since it had a built in DVD player and wall mount.)

Two refurbished 5.0 Sony Home Theater systems from the local Sony Outlet store was $450

Two HP Laptops $1000

Two AIO (Scan/Print/Copy/Fax) $200

Already had Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Sirrius/XM subscriptions

Medtuity EMR $750

One Touch Screen desktop for receptionist $475

Four Security cameras with night vision $120

DVR and 20" monitor for security system $40 at surplus office equipment store

Two dorm room refrigerators $80 at surplus store

Rent $800/month. (negotiated 3 months at $400... then 3 months at $600 then full rent at $800. Then I paid for a full yr up front)

Clear wireless internet and phone $50/month

Incidentals... approximately $250

Thanks...

First I bought the carpet in my office from a surplus outlet store for $30. This set the direction of the color palette that I would use throughout the clinic.

I then went to Home Depot and found the cabinets in the clearance bin for between $15-$35 each.

I frequented 4 different Home Depots in a 100mile range to get all the cabinets I would need. I didn't drive out of my way... since I normally work in the areas these stores are located.

They were all on clearance so no one store had all the different sizes in the quantities I needed.

I actually ended up getting a few (5) free after driving back and forth and a communication error on their part.

I have 3 in storage incase there are problems, since I know they were clearance items and can't be reordered.

The Chaise was $109 brand new from a catalog.

The recliner in the exam room lays completely flat and has built in shiatzu massagers. I got it from the local surplus store for $275.

My desk is two of the clearance cabinets turned on their sides with a $5 solid core door as a top.

The two Natuzzi leather chairs in my office were also purchased from the local surplus store for $350 for both $175 each.

The hall seating is 5 leather storage ottomans that were $30-$49 each.

I went to JoAnns Fabrics and spent about $120 for ALL of the art/pictures in the building.

Then it was time for electronics:

Two 42" flat screens from Best Buy about $800. These are used for patient education videos.

One 18" flat screen in front of hall seating for education videos was $250 (actually bought my daughter a 40" for the $250 and took this one in trade since it had a built in DVD player and wall mount.)

Two refurbished 5.0 Sony Home Theater systems from the local Sony Outlet store was $450

Two HP Laptops $1000

Two AIO (Scan/Print/Copy/Fax) $200

Already had Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Sirrius/XM subscriptions

Medtuity EMR $750

One Touch Screen desktop for receptionist $475

Four Security cameras with night vision $120

DVR and 20" monitor for security system $40 at surplus office equipment store

Two dorm room refrigerators $80 at surplus store

Rent $800/month. (negotiated 3 months at $400... then 3 months at $600 then full rent at $800. Then I paid for a full yr up front)

Clear wireless internet and phone $50/month

Incidentals... approximately $250

Impressive.

Thanks...

The Medical Director is a good friend MD who is triple Board Certified in Family Practice, Addiction Medicine and Accupuncture. (we will meet for lunch twice a month for "sponsorship")

I'm the Clinical Director and managing member of the PLLC.

The Operations Manager is my wife. She is a X-Ray Tech, Radiation Therapist, and has a Bachelors in Business Admin-Healthcare Management, and is on the tail end of a Masters in Counseling Psychology.

The Receptionist is my eldest daughter. She completed a patient registration program and CNA program her senior yr, and is currently enrolled in the local CC taking pre-reqs for nursing school. She wants to be FNP.

This was designed as a paperless office/practice.

ALL info/records will be electronic with triple redundencies (3 external hardrives 1TB each)

The medical director and I have internet access to all medical records either onsite or remotely.

Initially... we will be open from 3pm -9pm... Wed.-Thur.-Fri. and 9am-2pm on Sat.

We will do this until our volume picks up. Then adjust the schedule accordingly.

With this schedule, I can continue to practice Inpatient Internal Medicine/Psychiatry at the one current job from 0700-1300... and be on call to do the same at the second current job from 1300-2100... since the second job is literally 7 mins away.

Considering that I already clear about $9k/month before this new practice opens... its gonna get really interesting when the clinic starts rolling. My only problem now is gonna be that the IRS is gonna LUUUUV to talk to me...!!!

That is an absolute steal considering the amount of art/pictures I can see from the photos (they don't look cheap either). I never realized how expensive art was until I was ready to decorate my own walls and nearly died at the prices.

Archived