Weeding Out Poll

What weeds Pre-PAs out the most ?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Weeding out poll

• Organic
    • GRE (Graduate Record Exam)
    • Lack of experience (Healthcare Experience (HCE) Shadowing, volunteering, etc)
    • Poor interview skills
    • Weak personal statement
    • Other* (Explain below if choosing this)

As someone who applied for this application cycle, it's definitely the gpa. There are schools that do not have a HCE requirements and others that only require a couple hundred hours. That being said, it's also pretty easy accumulating hours as a CNA or medical assistant. Half a year of full time work will get you the 1000 hours that most programs require.

However, gpa requirements of pa matriculants has gotten up to over 3.5 for essentially all schools, with some as high as 3.7. For those with gpa in the lower 3.0's, it's difficult for them to increase, especially if they had already finished their undergrad. There are limited financial aid options for students who already have bachelors and taking classes even in community colleges can be costly.

Maybe this was not the case a decade ago, but it certainly is the case now in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who applied for this application cycle, it's definitely the gpa. There are schools that do not have a HCE requirements and others that only require a couple hundred hours. That being said, it's also pretty easy accumulating hours as a CNA or medical assistant. Half a year of full time work will get you the 1000 hours that most programs require. However, gpa requirements of pa matriculants has gotten up to over 3.5 for essentially all schools, with some as high as 3.7. For those with gpa in the lower 3.0's, it's difficult for them to increase, especially if they had already finished their undergrad. There are limited financial aid options for students who already have bachelors and taking classes even in community colleges can be costly. Maybe this was not the case a decade ago, but it certainly is the case now in my opinion. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not attend any of those schools....

Archived