BOSTON: 2015-2016 Application

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! Congrats on those who were invited for interviews! I have not yet received a rejection letter nor an interview invite. Does anyone in the current class or someone who applied last year know if that means I am still in the applicant pool for a potential interview? My CASPA was verified 6/2 

I am currently a first year and the way MCPHS does interviews is by sending out interview invites in groups of 2 or 3 interview dates.  They conduct interviews over a stretch of time from October to February.  So to answer your question you are still in the applicant pool until you hear otherwise. Good luck!

I am currently a first year and the way MCPHS does interviews is by sending out interview invites in groups of 2 or 3 interview dates.  They conduct interviews over a stretch of time from October to February.  So to answer your question you are still in the applicant pool until you hear otherwise. Good luck!

How do you like Boston campus? I am considering applying to the Worcester campus but am not sure what to do. My greatest concern is not having the professors there when needed at the Worcester campus. Any insight about this or hear anything about this? What would you say are the greatest advantages and disadvantages/things you don't like at the Boston campus? Additionally, I looked online and the PANCE pass rates are higher for Worcester campus which also concerns me about the Boston campus. And Boston hadn't listed their 2014 PANCE scores unlike Worcester which makes me wonder why...

How do you like Boston campus? I am considering applying to the Worcester campus but am not sure what to do. My greatest concern is not having the professors there when needed at the Worcester campus. Any insight about this or hear anything about this? What would you say are the greatest advantages and disadvantages/things you don't like at the Boston campus? Additionally, I looked online and the PANCE pass rates are higher for Worcester campus which also concerns me about the Boston campus. And Boston hadn't listed their 2014 PANCE scores unlike Worcester which makes me wonder why...

The reason I personally chose Boston was because of the connections to Harvard Medical School (that is where cadaver labs are conducted), I knew my learning style needed a professor to be physically there as opposed to online and I liked that Boston was 30 months rather than 24 (we have the first summer off which is a great opportunity for medical service trips available).  The other major difference that you may see is the Boston campus has a group of 100 students where Worcester will be significantly smaller (I think a class of 30?).  Boston had a 100% pass rate for the past 3 years, they just haven't published it yet online yet. Honestly any school you pick that is accredited and has great PANCE rates will be a success. It just depends on what you feel is a better fit for you. :) 

Wednesday, October 21 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

and 11/18

That was from the email that they sent me today. I didn't receive an email regarding them putting my application on a wait list, but that is surely better than a rejection. Hopefully it all works out for us. If anybody calls admissions and checks to see if it's worth it to make the trip, please let me know. I may be able to make the one in November, as I have another interview for that date in Pennsylvania. I'd be willing to carpool as well if anybody is going from NY. 

I received an email yesterday stating I am on the waitlist for an interview- anyone else get this or could shed some light on the chances of getting off the waitlist? Thanks!

So I was "waitlisted for an interview" twice ( I had to apply 3 times!!)...I received an email every month until August of the year school would have started just stating that I am still on the "waitlist". I was never called for an interview or anything both of those years and spoke to multiple people in this same situation who never received anything else either...I hate to say it, but to me it seems like they just leave people hanging in the off chance they can't fill seats. If someone had a different experience with this "waitlist for an interview" status please chime in.

All hope is not lost though, both of those years I had 0, that's right 0 patient care hours...

Archived