BOSTON: 2015-2016 Application

So I was "waitlisted for an interview" twice ( I had to apply 3 times!!)...I received an email every month until August of the year school would have started just stating that I am still on the "waitlist". I was never called for an interview or anything both of those years and spoke to multiple people in this same situation who never received anything else either...I hate to say it, but to me it seems like they just leave people hanging in the off chance they can't fill seats. If someone had a different experience with this "waitlist for an interview" status please chime in.

All hope is not lost though, both of those years I had 0, that's right 0 patient care hours...

Oh wow. Well thanks for sharing your experience

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I seem to have opened up a can of worms so i'm going to try and explain this as simply as possible...this may be disappointing to hear for some but i'm gonna give it to you straight...

"Waitlist to interview"= Denial...I was placed on this status twice and received a monthly email from MCPHS stating I am still on the waitlist and will be notified if my status changes...nothing ever came of it. For some cruel reason they just seem to keep you on the hook just in case they don't fill all of their seats. I spoke to many other people in with this same status and NONE of them ever got an interview. Like I said before if someone has a different experience speak up, but this is the only outcome I know.

For all of you other people out there who have not received any letters CHILL!!! Last year they sent interview letters out until JANUARY for an interview in FEBRUARY.

I cannot stress enough that if someone has had an alternative experience to mine please speak up, but having been through this process times I feel I have a pretty good idea of how things go..

I am confused about the interview waitlist. From here on out do they only send interview invites to those that are on the waitlist?

No, all people on the "waitlist to interview" get skipped, until the very end if there are seats that need to be filled...see above post

I called this afternoon and they said my application was still under review. The girl I spoke with said I would hopefully be hearing something within the next week or two. I have not yet received a rejection email or a waitlist email. I submitted my CASPA in June, so I am definitely anxiously awaiting some good news!! 

I submitted my application in the first week of September, the school send me an "under review" email on September 18th and I got an invitation for an interview yesterday (Oct. 7th). The first available interview time was December 8th and that's what I chose :).

Congratulations on all the others who already got invited.

Does anyone know the statistics for the school from previous years? Like how many applies and how many got accepted? 

Hi all,

So I called today and asked about the status of my application. They told me a decision was made and I should know by the end of the month. Does that mean a rejection or could it be an interview or waitlist?

This happened to me as well. It could mean any of the three. I received a wait list email two weeks after my initial call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived