UF Class of 2018

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay the fee... Unless you absolutely need to go to UF for some personal reason. If that is the case, why apply anywhere else? Remember the goal is to become a PA.

Making a donation sucks, but it's part of the game for any graduate program. Nothing says that you have to accept at another school or that you will even hear from another school.

Another way to look at it is that one year less of working as a PA will cost about $80-100K, plus any increases in tuition. If you choose to not make the deposit and then don't hear from anywhere else, it could be a very expensive decision.

All the best!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice. I paid my seat deposit to that school today. I'm hoping the same happens to me. I'll keep you posted

Everything works out for the best in the end. I still hope you hear positively from UF!

The only caveat to paying the deposit wherever one gets an offer is if the school really doesn't fit and/or would be a bad place to study your brains out for a few years. In that case, it might be worth waiting a year. I don't care how much we get paid when we graduate, no amount of money is worth being miserable for a couple years on top of going through the mental exercise that is PA school. 

For everyone that already got their interviews through email , did you need to enter any personal information? I will be going out of the country tomorrow until the 21st and won't have internet access.  I'm going to leave a friend with my email info so that she can reply to any interview invites, if I get any- do you remember them asking you to put anything like socials or any specific info so I know what I should leave her with?

<EDIT>

So I was misinformed, it is 100% PANCE pass so far, the entire class has not tested yet. Still great news. I'm sure my hold out friends will do well. My apologies for passing along bad info.

<EDIT>

These stats still hold true though :)

>97% since 2007, 99% 5 year average.

pap.med.ufl.edu/about-us-2/alumni-statistics/national-certifying-exam-pass-rate/

(The page has yet to be updated ;)

It's Great to be a Florida Gator and It's Great to be a Gator PA!

Hey everyone, I got an email July 13, that said my application was being forwarded to AdCom for review. But it's been radio silent since then, I'm wondering if I should call or just sit and wait patiently? Any suggestions

Where you are at in the process there's two ways it can go, interview or the "Thanks, no thanks" email. They are unable to send an email just to say they haven't made a decision (too busy, one person basically has that job). If there was a way to see your status, it would be "Decision pending." Just waiting is a part of this process.

Currently, I'm waiting for all my licenses and credentialing to happen. True, I can usually call and ask to be sure everything was received and processed, however, nothing I can do will make it happen any faster. Just sit tight. Like Woodsters said, there are a total of 8 interview groups and they are usually calling people all the way to the end. 

All the best!

Anyone going to the aug 31/sept 1st interview and coming from out of town want to split a room with 2 beds and then cabs to the school? Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few hotels are willing to give people rides to Shands. The medical education building, where the interviews will be held, is right behind the hospital and they will likely be able to drop you off nearby. Just something to look into. 

Also, there will be people giving rides to the student dinner and likely you'll find a ride back to your hotel from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thank you! That's really helpful. And I just looked into it and found the hotel in staying at does have a free local shuttle. ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived