UF Class of 2018

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they're refering to the review process. UF recieved around 1,700 applicants but only interviews around 135. If you don't meet the minimum requirements or there's something glaringly off then you're no longer considered a candidate. If you pass this level of review, then you move on to the second which is candidacy for an interview. Unless you're taking about the review, in which case it's typically a month (Pending on when you submit, earlier is faster) and following that the second level decision could be a few weeks if they really like you as a candidate, to a month - or sooner should you not pass the second level interview. I think i submitted at the end of May or early June, heard late July and interviewed early September.

There's only one interview at UF, albeit it's a two day one.

Yes u are right I meant review!!! Lol!! I got the email that my application was forwarded to the review committee about 3 weeks ago!! But haven't heard ever since I wrote them an email they said they receive so many applications they are still reviewing! So I will just stay put!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you that have been called for interviews, did you also receive an email? I will be in Cuba from August 7-21 and I won't have access to any calls getting through and possibly not even any internet. I'm worried they'll try to reach me while I'm there and I won't have any other way of knowing, if there's no email sent.

For those of you that have been called for interviews, did you also receive an email? I will be in Cuba from August 7-21 and I won't have access to any calls getting through and possibly not even any internet. I'm worried they'll try to reach me while I'm there and I won't have any other way of knowing, if there's no email sent.

She told me that she would send me a packet via mail reviewing what she had just told me on the phone. I haven't received an email. 

IB - don't worry, if UF wants to interview you, they will pursue you. A worst case scenario is that you might miss out on the first available interview slot which is Aug 31-Sep 2. I see a couple of possibilities that might help you... either leave your phone with someone who will take your calls and accept interview invites on your behalf. OR, leave a clear recorded message that says you are out of the country doing something really cool and you will return all calls when you get back. That way they know that you are not taking calls because you simply can't. Otherwise, relax. This is the very beginning of a very long process that involves a LOT of hurry up and wait. Good luck and have fun in Cuba!

I don't think there's a limit on how many people they accept for a group. It's really whether the like the people or not. I've heard from multiple people in the same interview group, telling me they were all selected.

Just worry about the interview because on the administrative end you can't really do anything anyway - so why worry about it?

Parity is right. The only thing that really matters is that everyone interviews for a spot. There is no waitlist until everyone interviews. By the time of the last interview group, they always maintain enough seats in the class to (theoretically) accept everyone in the last interview group. So you are interviewing for a spot.

i've heard from UF PA graduates that UF interviews 20-21 people in each session and they accept 2 from each group at the end of the week. others get accepted down the road, but 2 will find out the same week they interview.

Yes, "a couple" of people will likely hear within days. However, I wouldn't say it's exactly two. Around two, yes. Can it be one or none, yes. Can it be more, yes. Basically, these are people who are lucky enough to have knocked the interview out of the park and are immediately offered a seat. 

Now, for those who haven't heard within a few days, this doesn't mean you're a bad candidate and will never hear. You're just in the majority of people who have to wait. I waited two months and I am thankful for the short wait. There are others on this forum that waited MUCH, MUCH longer.

The important thing is getting a seat at a PA program. Hopefully, its a seat at UF, in their shiny new medical education building, but I digress. Getting into PA school is a long, nerve wracking process that might end sooner for some than for others. Just do your best to be patient. Maybe, take it as an opportunity to learn how to let go of things you can't control, a skill that will become very useful in PA school. Hopefully, you too will have the honor of questioning your decision to go to PA school (and your life choices in general) on a random night because you are overwhelmed, have two more exams that week, and all you want to do is cry. Seriously...

PA school is the best two years of your life you will never want to repeat. Hang on for the ride. It's still Great to be a Gator and even better to be a Gator PA! 

I am close to submitting my application to UF, I have everything for my application verified and I even have my supplemental application submitted. I am having some difficulty with the question on the CASPA website that UF requires you to answer before submitting. "Craft a title for yourself which best captures your identity," if there is anyone willing to give advice on what exactly this means and what they want in an answer I sure would appreciate it. 

That's new for this cycle. It sounds like a continuation in a way of your personal statement, similar to an interview question too. But nobody here can really answer that for you. Be who you are. If you're asked to expound upon it in an interview you can't say someone on the PA forums told me.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Getting hosed with fees seems to be a rite of passage now. Just hope you don't end up making a 500-1000 dollar "donation" to another institution before hearing from UF.

Tell me about it. I am anxiously waiting for a call from UF. i already got accepted to another PA school in Connecticut. And that school requires a $750 seat deposit this week.

Archived