UF Class of 2018

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only joined this thread recently, and looking back through the posts, I realize I never received a second review email, and my first review email came on 7/20! Has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received the initial "we received your application" email on 6/30 and then received the second level of the review committee email on 8/10 but have not heard anything either way yet.  All I can say is hang in there because they might be a little behind with all of the glitches in the new CASPA software.

I received the initial "we received your application" email on 6/30 and then received the second level of the review committee email on 8/10 but have not heard anything either way yet. All I can say is hang in there because they might be a little behind with all of the glitches in the new CASPA software.

Thanks! Knowing someone else had quite a gap between those emails makes me feel a lot better. I e-mailed them about it like an hour ago and just got the email stating everything had been received (my last one just said CASPA materials were) so I guess they are a bit behind. Hopefully that second level review e-mail will come soon! ????????

Thanks! Knowing someone else had quite a gap between those emails makes me feel a lot better. I e-mailed them about it like an hour ago and just got the email stating everything had been received (my last one just said CASPA materials were) so I guess they are a bit behind. Hopefully that second level review e-mail will come soon!

Mine did too! I was confused about that! 

awalgator & PAGuy55 - what were your timelines?

I submitted the supplemental 7/11 & CASPA 7/18. Received a "confirmation of receipt" email 7/11, then an "application received" e-mail 7/20 that said my app was under review. Heard nothing else until today (9/13), when I received "thank your for your app" email which said my application was complete and under review.

I submitted CASPA July 30th and Supplemental on the 30th. Got the "caspa" complete on the 3rd of august. Now the "everything complete" today

Okay cool so we are looking at similar timelines for sure. I guess they just got around to our batch. Fingers crossed!

awalgator & PAGuy55 - what were your timelines?

I submitted the supplemental 7/11 & CASPA 7/18. Received a "confirmation of receipt" email 7/11, then an "application received" e-mail 7/20 that said my app was under review. Heard nothing else until today (9/13), when I received "thank your for your app" email which said my application was complete and under review.

Submitted CASPA first, supplemental 7/14. "Application received" 7/28. Then the "thank you for your app" today. Sounds like we are in the same boat :-)

Awesome! I went to UF for undergrad. Born and raised in Tampa. Would love to head back to the Swamp haha. Who would you cheer for at the games if you become a gator? lol

I think I'll always be a seminole at heart! With our intense rivalry, it would be tough to become a gator fan. I'll survive somehow ????

This was the first paragraph of the rejection email I received: 

The Admissions Committee regrets to inform you that you have not been chosen to interview at the University of Florida's School of Physician Assistant Studies. The Admissions Committee made this decision based on a review of the application materials you provided. Regrettably, your Science GPA was not in the range that we consider competitive.

On their website, it just says you need at least a C in all prerequisite courses, which I have, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my money applying. 

I've heard that this is pretty typical. Also happened to my friend last year. He was accepted at three other programs and is happy as a clam at UArk.

Archived