UF Class of 2018

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed at UF on August 31-September 1, and I got a phone call last Tuesday (September 8) that I'd been accepted!!

They made it sound at the interview that most people will find out in December whether or not they've been accepted, so I was surprised to get a call.

I really enjoyed interviewing at UF. Everybody was super nice, and the whole interview process was more relaxed than I had anticipated. The faculty stressed that they just want you to be yourself and they worked hard to make you comfortable. They want to get to know the real you, so if you're interviewing, just relax!

Best of luck to everyone applying!!

I interviewed at UF on August 31-September 1, and I got a phone call last Tuesday (September 8) that I'd been accepted!!

They made it sound at the interview that most people will find out in December whether or not they've been accepted, so I was surprised to get a call.

There are at least one or two that find out the week after each interview period. The majority of students will find out in December, once the interviews are all over and done with. The second group out of seven is on this Monday, so stay patient (I know it is tough).

I received the "we will contact you if we want to interview you" email on July 1 (CASPA submitted June 1). I was starting to freak out as the website implies that there has already been a round of interviews in August. If they are just "really" starting around now, that helps quite a bit with patience.

I have known MANY good applicants in the past who have been rejected by email within 72 hours of submitting to UF. It's just insanely competitive (1300ish apps last year).

Also playing the chess game here. Ponied up $500 to my second choice school as they gave 5 days to accept and they gave my offer within 24 hours of interview (!). I have a family with two children still at home and we are GNV residents, so this is ideal, but I'm just thrilled to know that I'm going to have that PA-C after my name by January 2019 

Best of luck to all!

I received the "we will contact you if we want to interview you" email on July 1 (CASPA submitted June 1). I was starting to freak out as the website implies that there has already been a round of interviews in August. If they are just "really" starting around now, that helps quite a bit with patience.

I have known MANY good applicants in the past who have been rejected by email within 72 hours of submitting to UF. It's just insanely competitive (1300ish apps last year).

Also playing the chess game here. Ponied up $500 to my second choice school as they gave 5 days to accept and they gave my offer within 24 hours of interview (!). I have a family with two children still at home and we are GNV residents, so this is ideal, but I'm just thrilled to know that I'm going to have that PA-C after my name by January 2019 

Best of luck to all!

Good decision. It's about becoming a PA at the end of the day, you wont regret it. Unfortunately, making these "donations" becomes part of the game.

There are tons of interview spots left and they will be looking to fill them until the end, so don't worry too much just yet. 

Hey guys! I'm a first year PA student at UF. Our class just developed an Instagram page where we post pictures of all the cool things we get to do (i.e. events, class activities, things we learn in lab, etc). If you're considering coming to UF, it might be something fun to follow so you can get a good feel for our program. Search " UF PA School" and you should see our logo. Happy Friday!

Do NOT be nervous about it. I interviewed at the first session on 8/31 and 9/1, and it was my first interview so I was naturally a mess of nerves. But it was SO informal and personal and not stressful at all. Everyone is so friendly and nice. It was an incredibly calming and welcoming experience! Nerves are normal, but really, don't be nervous about it ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do NOT be nervous about it. I interviewed at the first session on 8/31 and 9/1, and it was my first interview so I was naturally a mess of nerves. But it was SO informal and personal and not stressful at all. Everyone is so friendly and nice. It was an incredibly calming and welcoming experience! Nerves are normal, but really, don't be nervous about it

Thank you! I'm just very nervous :)

I am very anxious and hopeful for an interview as well...My application was verified June 7th then the committee asked to see 4 different classes syllabi. After sending them in over the 2 months of emails back and forth, I received the email that I was onto the second level of evaluation and possible interview. Its been a stressful process but I am crossing my fingers as I am a Florida resident and HUGE Gators fan. I've already been accepted at one of my second choice schools (and forked over the deposit), but would do absolutely anything for UF! Congrats to all that are accepted thus far!

for everyone that is getting phone calls for an interview, what day did they call you? Is it the end of the month? Beginning? Thanks!

I live in Ohio (Eastern Time zone) and I literally just hung up the phone with my interview invite at 10:45am on 9/24.  My interview date is Oct 19-20.  I think they make calls based on how the time slots fill in.

There's no clear rhyme or reason other than the slots fill in this order: out of state applicants are given as much notice as possible because they need time to arrange transportation AND lodging. Then in state but out of area because they need to arrange lodging. Finally,locals are usually given plenty of notice so that work arrangements can be made but they stand a greater chance of getting a last minute invite if someone else cancels. If you want to try to establish a pattern you can probably count on the fact that some calls go out the day following an interview session.

There's just no benefit in comparing stats, comparing receipt of emails or even phone calls. Every case is different just like every applicant is different. Good luck.

There's no clear rhyme or reason other than the slots fill in this order: out of state applicants are given as much notice as possible because they need time to arrange transportation AND lodging. Then in state but out of area because they need to arrange lodging. Finally,locals are usually given plenty of notice so that work arrangements can be made but they stand a greater chance of getting a last minute invite if someone else cancels. If you want to try to establish a pattern you can probably count on the fact that some calls go out the day following an interview session.

There's just no benefit in comparing stats, comparing receipt of emails or even phone calls. Every case is different just like every applicant is different. Good luck.

Thank you! 

Me too! Got my interview invite for October 5 and 7!

Submitted to CASPA: 7/1

CASPA verified application: 7/15

Application received by UF: 7/20

First Level Review email: 8/18

Second Level Review email: 9/17

Phone call invitation: 9/25

Archived