UF Class of 2018

As mentioned before, the class will NOT be filled until AFTER all posted interview sessions are over. And the last posted interview is November 30-December 2.

I am not sure where the rumors are coming from, but UF does not fill the class and still carry on interviews. They always save enough seats for those with future interviews. You always interview for an actual seat. Not a place on the wait list. Good luck.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! When did you apply to UF and did you get both the first and second review emails? I'm still hoping for a chance to interview but I applied back in July/ verified in early August and haven't heard anything but a first review email back in August.

I did not get a second review email,  however I did get an email after all of my information was received and that my application was under review. I did interview at UF last year and I was placed on the waitlist so maybe that has something to do with me not receiving a second email. Best of luck to you!

I did not get a second review email, however I did get an email after all of my information was received and that my application was under review. I did interview at UF last year and I was placed on the waitlist so maybe that has something to do with me not receiving a second email. Best of luck to you!

Thanks kjweeks! Good luck with your interview! You got this! What dates did you apply to UF and then, get the email that they had received everything?

I haven't heard anything, I've emailed them and they said they are still reviewing my application but I was verified 9/1. Keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean! Hang in there! I was verified August 11th and have heard nothing except for a first review email and was told the same thing! There's one more interview left, so there's still hope until atleast thanksgiving, I think, to be invited for it :)

Portal? I am not aware of a portal. If you are invited for an interview you will find out by phone. There is only one interview session left so if you are invited, you will find out at the latest Thanksgiving weekend. If you have already interviewed and haven't heard anything, decisions will be made in December and you will get a phone call if accepted. Otherwise, wait list (for those who interviewed and weren't given a seat) and rejection letters will likely be sent by snail mail in January.

I know what you mean! Hang in there! I was verified August 11th and have heard nothing except for a first review email and was told the same thing! There's one more interview left, so there's still hope until atleast thanksgiving, I think, to be invited for it :)

Ditto! I was verified 8/20 and received an email confirming receipt of my app the 2nd week of sept and nothing since then. 

Are we supposed to be checking the portal? i tried and it said my username and password are invalid

I'm not sure if your supposed to be checking but it's the account you created when you started your application I believe. It has an admission status tab. But you'll probably be notified email or phone call before it shows up on there.

So does anyone think it's still possible to get a phone call at this point for the last interview next week? I've been waiting to hear back...anything...even just the unfortunate rejection letter...since August 17th when I got the first email. I wish if they were going to reject you...they just sent all the rejection emails out early in the process. The suspense is worse...especially having applied prior to the August 1st deadline, and thus hoping for "priority consideration for an interview" as they stated. That opportunity seems long gone by now.

So does anyone think it's still possible to get a phone call at this point for the last interview next week? I've been waiting to hear back...anything...even just the unfortunate rejection letter...since August 17th when I got the first email. I wish if they were going to reject you...they just sent all the rejection emails out early in the process. The suspense is worse...especially having applied prior to the August 1st deadline, and thus hoping for "priority consideration for an interview" as they stated. That opportunity seems long gone by now.

I have a friend who's a 2nd year who got the call for the last interview over Thanksgiving break! ???? I wouldn't give up hope until the last interview date comes and goes!

Why don't you call the school ask give them a holler? They should still be there today. 

I have called and emailed before but they say can only tell me that my application is just still "under review" and they have many applicants to go through. They don't really like you calling, I don't think, because there's technically not a phone number or point of contact for applicants, it just says to please email them. Do you have any suggestions those as to what I can ask them or who to call? Thanks!!

I would advise against calling. As far as rejection letters go... they do send out early rejection letters if you absolutely don't meet basic standards. It was too your advantaged that they kept your application in the "stack" of those who should continue to be considered. But ultimately, there is a finite number they can pull out of that stack to interview. It is a safe assumption that if you are not interviewed next week, you will one day receive a rejection letter. Most of us have had to apply more than once so if this happens to you, you are in good company. Good luck in your journey!

I have called and emailed before but they say can only tell me that my application is just still "under review" and they have many applicants to go through. They don't really like you calling, I don't think, because there's technically not a phone number or point of contact for applicants, it just says to please email them. Do you have any suggestions those as to what I can ask them or who to call? Thanks!!

ahh I would follow woodsters advice then. I think the next interview is the first week in December. So just hang on until this week is over. They may call you. 

Archived