2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

I'm Tori and I am a first year PA student at GWU. This is a terrific program and I have loved my experiences so far! I was in your shoes last year and I appreciated having the first year students on the forum as a resource so I wanted to be available to help you all. If you have any questions feel free to post or to message me. I will try to be checking back frequently but fall is a hectic semester. 

Congratulations to those who have already received interviews and good luck to everyone applying!

There will be 4 interview dates and they invite around 60 students each session which makes the odds about 1 in 4. But keep in mind some students are applying the traditional program and others to the duel MPH program so that isn't completely accurate.

Since it seems like GWU are sending out interview invites based on the order of applications submitted, do you all think it's too late to submit an application now? 

Also, they didn't post a minimum GRE score requirement on their website. My GRE score is below average while the rest of my application exceeds. Do you guys know if GWU weigh GRE scores heavily? 

Since it seems like GWU are sending out interview invites based on the order of applications submitted, do you all think it's too late to submit an application now? 

Also, they didn't post a minimum GRE score requirement on their website. My GRE score is below average while the rest of my application exceeds. Do you guys know if GWU weigh GRE scores heavily? 

You can submit up to the deadline and still have a chance.  I doubt they've sent invites out for all sessions.

I was offered an interview for September 19th, but unfortunately had to reschedule to October 17th as I'll be out of town. However, I have lived in DC for 4 years for anyone that interviews on that date, so feel free to PM me if you have any questions (or other interviewees as well - happy to help if I can!)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!  My CASPA and supplemental were confirmed as under review as of 8 Sept.  Anyone on a similar timeline?  To those going to the approaching interview date, would you mind stating when you applied and when you were invited?  I'd love to have a sense of others' timeline so far.  Thank you!!

Not where I meant to post that... sorry!

Since, I posted something now...for those that have upcoming interviews and are nervous- GW's whole interview experience is great- they cover everything you could need to know about the program. They give you time to interact with first years, second years and faculty. The interviews are those MMIs, which any applicant will tell you we can't tell you about, but it is generally a fun day getting to see the program and Foggy Bottom. Good Luck!

Archived